55

CHERYL's POINT OF VIEW

The next morning; he was gone again.
Where to this time? I couldn't say.
I normally wake up with him by my side but the last two days- I've been waking up to a pillow by my side instead.

Wondering where he went today...

DANIEL's POINT OF VIEW

I stared at Monica as she stood in the doorway with her hand on her hip.

"Can I just come inside? Damn." I said as I looked at her.

"That's the same..." Monica said as she then push me hard in my chest- causing me to stagger backwards a bit. "thing you said before we created these twins. "Let me come inside, baby."" She said as she mimicked my voice in a deep voice of her own. "and now your ass don't even want the kids you helped me create." She said as she looked me up and down with disgust.

"Shut the hell up and just let me in, Monica." I said as I rubbed the middle of my chest where she pushed me at.

"After all you've done to me? Hell nawh." She said as she pointed at me.

"Woman, I'm trying to have a conversation with you. Now, this is my last time askin'...Please, let me come inside so we can talk like mature adults?" I asked her.

She stared at me for a moment and once she rolled her eyes, she stepped towards the side and let me in.

"Damn, now- was that so fucking hard?" I asked her as I shook my head and watched her close the door.

"What do you want, Daniel?" Monica asked me.

I looked down at her baby bump and then up into her eyes.

"They said that it's gonna take at least 4 months until the divorce papers are final. Going to court wasn't enough to rush them."

"Okay? And you're still standing in front of my face right now for what? You're the one who wants this divorce so badly. What do you think telling me is gonna do? I can't rush the shit."

"Aight, calm down. I also came to apologize for letting those dudes stay here after I forced you to sign the papers."

"Yeah, yeah- you're a bitch ass nigga still. Not gonna change." She told me straight up.

"You're not even gonna accept my apology?" I asked her.

"Nah. Maybe you should leave." She said as she pointed towards the door.

"Aight. I'll leave then." I then said as I started walking towards the door.

——————

CHERYL's POINT OF VIEW

"And how is that lovely grandchild of mines doing?" Daniels Mom asked me. Her and I sat in her very nicely and expensively decorated living room. We were finally working on this wedding being a priority of mines now.

"Oh, Ms. Lardell, the baby is absolutely fine." I said to her as I looked through the many bridal catalogs.

"Cheryl, once again...call me Mom. You're apart of the family now." Lardell said to me.