Chapter Eighteen

"Apples."

"What?" Jack asked distractedly, staring at the clock.

"Are you thinking of apples?" Miko asked.

"Oh...no," he replied. The three had been playing 20 questions as they waited for it to be over. Powerful winds had picked up and trees were bending all the way over to one side. The three had been listening to the news station from Miko's alarm clock. They decided with the freak storms going around they should get underground. Jack was afraid the powerful winds would create a tornado or even a hurricane somehow.

Hey, it was a planetary alignment, anything could happen.

So he had carried Miko down to the "office area" in the basement after she told him they had one. Raf had taken the alarm clock, and soon they had gotten situated underground, and were trying to pass the time with 20 questions after the news station cut out.

"Pomegranates," Raf stated, looking at Jack expectantly.

"Yeah," Jack replied with a small smile. He was obviously worried, probably for his mom. She hadn't called him since the alignment and storms started and he couldn't contact her now.

"Your turn, Raf."

"Um...woah!" Raf cried as the floor lurched. He tumbled forward and his hands flew out in front of him to keep him from falling flat on his face. Jack steadied himself by pressing his back to the wall, and Miko steadied herself by holding onto Jack. They had been sitting on the floor, but that didn't stop them from swaying around. Jack took Raf's arm and led him to a desk, telling him to get under it before getting Miko to crouch down there too. There wasn't a lot of room left, and there wasn't really a doorway anywhere. He figured being underground wasn't the best way to endure an earthquake, but he also didn't want to move again. Miko wasn't really supposed to be walking and by the time he got her up there it would be over. He jumped when a file cabinet and some books fell to the floor behind him and he gently fit himself next to Raf, slightly squishing the boy into the back of the desk but he wasn't going to complain.

"You guys okay?" Jack asked, looking over at Miko, and then Raf. The two nodded.

"What about you?" Raf replied. Jack gave him a small smile to tell him he was fine.

"Okay...I'm no space person...but I don't think a planetary alignment isn't really supposed to cause an earthquake...and I'm no Earth person...but I don't think an Earthquake just happened to happen during a planetary alignment," Miko half shouted over the noise. The two nodded in agreement. They wondered what was going on with the Autobots.

It wasn't long before the quake ended and the floor stopped moving. Jack cautiously poked his head out from under the desk before crawling out. Raf followed, and helped Miko out.

"There could be aftershocks," Jack warned, glancing around the room warily. Above, he could hear the winds quickly die down and he ran upstairs to look, and did so in slight awe. Everything was calm again, as if nothing happened. If it wasn't a mess outside or inside, he'd be inclined to believe he imagined it all.

A beep from outside snapped him back into reality. By now, Raf had come upstairs with him.

"Bee?" he asked in surprise. He looked outside to see the familiar yellow and black sports car before smiling a little. At least he was okay.

Jack went down to grab Miko before the three walked out. As much as Raf loved his guardian and trusted him, the fear of his counterpart still remained. He wasn't ready to greet him alone again.

"Hey, Bee, what's going on?" Miko asked. Bee opened his car door and warbled.

"He's offering Miko a seat so you don't have to hold her," Raf explained. Jack and Miko exchanged a glance before Miko nodded, allowing it. Bee warbled again as Jack got her situated for now.

"He says the alignment caused a being named Unicron to wake up...he's apparently Earth and the incarnation of destruction," Raf translated.

"That explains a lot," Jack mumbled to himself. Bee clicked a few times.

"He says he wanted to make sure we were okay. We are Bee, thanks." Raf smiled. Bee warbled something that sounded content before it became a question.

"Do we want to return to the base?"

"Miko?" Jack asked. He was fine either way, but Miko was still recovering, both mentally and physically.

"I..."

She wasn't able to finish her sentence before they heard a high pitched whirring noise, and a large bird-like creature came into view. Bee warbled in alarm and Jack took Miko again to let the scout transform. He did so, firing at the 'con, but couldn't hit him. He was trying to be sparing with his shots too; he was in a residential area and an energon blast could set a tree or a house on fire and bring attention. Not to mention, people would be out assessing damage soon and see this play out.

"What is that?" Jack asked.

"It's a part of Soundwave...I recognize it from when we've seen him," Raf replied, pushing his glasses up. Bee warbled.

"Bee says it's a drone...his name is Laserbeak."

"So...Soundwave has a pet?" Miko asked, watching in worry as the drone flew up behind Bee and latching itself onto his back. Bee warbled in alarm and moved to grab the drone, but was electrocuted before he could touch him. He let out a high-pitched whirr that everyone could tell was a scream as electricity surged around him. Ten agonizing seconds later the scout fell to the ground, with Laserbeak still frying his circuits, just to make sure.

"Did he kill him?" Miko screeched. The two couldn't reply; Laserbeak now turned his attention to the three, its tentacles reaching for them. Jack set Miko down before grabbing a broken pipe nearby and running toward the 'con, whacking it away as it got closer. Laserbeak maneuvered around Jack and didn't let him hit him directly, before he took an opening and pinned the teen to the ground. It continued to twitter as it hovered, and Jack growled a little and grabbed the tentacle to try and tear it off him, but was met with a small burst of electricity.

"Jack!" Miko cried as he shook slightly. Raf stood next to her, wanting to help but not knowing what to do. His laptop was back in the house, and he'd be caught before he would be able to reach it.

Picking up a weaker Jack, Laserbeak turned toward Miko and Raf before wrapping them up together. Miko tried to retaliate, but stopped when Laserbeak gave Jack another shot of electricity.

A GroundBridge opened below them, and Laserbeak fell through before setting them all down on a cold metal surface. Looking around, they were met with the dimly lit halls of the Nemesis.

They were captured again.

~~~

Yes, I know, I'm mean. I didn't continue the story, just simply went back a bit. I had this chapter included with the last one, but this was a thousand words just by itself, and I felt it would be distracting if it came last, and so long, especially when you already knew the outcome.

So I decided to not only confuse you, but keep you in suspense. Well, now you know what happened to Bee.

But, now you have to wait to see what will happen to him and the kids. *evil laughter*

I'm writing a whole timeline for the rest of these chapters. WE ARE NEARING THE END, MY PRECIOUS READERS! WE ARE ABOUT TO FACE...THE ULTIMATE ENDGAME!

Eh, I'm making it sound more epic than it probably will be. :>

Thanks for reading! <3