Chapter Two

Ratchet and the three new arrivals had a staring contest. No one wanted to look away, until Ratchet took a step closer.

"Get away!" Miko cried...if that was even Miko. Ratchet stopped, keeping his gaze firm. The second-tallest one gulped.

"Guys...? He's...his...optics...his...paintjob...he's..."

"Different," the shorter one finished for him. The shorter one nodded. Ratchet didn't want to scare them off, but he needed to work.

"I don't intend to harm you," he simply stated, looking at them sincerely. "My name is-"

"Ratchet. You're Optimus Prime's medic and scientist," the female finished for him. Ratchet silently nodded, rather confused.

"...How do you know that?"

"Megatron filled us in," the shorter one replied, like it was the most casual thing in the world. Ratchet frowned.

"You've made contact with Megatron?"

"Well...yeah. He's the Decepticon leader."

"Of course he is. But, he didn't hurt you?"

"You're kidding, right?" the shortest one asked as he raised an eyebrow. Ratchet was tempted to glare but his better judgement told him not to.

"No, I am not kidding. Megatron is a cold and ruthless warlord bent on seizing power and taking control of Earth after he destroyed Cybertron."

The female looked like she wanted to argue, but the look the Autobot was giving her told her not to.

"That's weird...that sounds exactly like Optimus," the middle-sized one replied. Ratchet couldn't help it, he snorted.

"That's the most absurd thing I've ever heard."

The kids were now confused. Megatron was a warlord? Did that mean...Optimus was good?

"Look...something happened. We were just chilling at the base and then the GroundBridge opened and turned into some black hole and sucked us through. And here we are," the shortest one stated. Ratchet sighed.

"I need to work on the bridge...which means you need to get out of the way. I really don't want to hurt you, but you shouldn't leave the base if I think what happened...happened."

The female slowly nodded, and shakily stood up as she spotted the yellow couch. Weird. At the other base, it was green.

The three slowly moved over toward the "human area", their gaze never looking away from Ratchet as the medic sighed and kneeled to the floor to continue working. The Autobots were still in the mine and probably still fighting.

Deeply concentrated on his work, Ratchet called out without looking away.

"Raf, what are the energon readings for the bridge?"

"Uh...what?"

Ratchet immediately remembered what had happened and pinched an imaginary nose with his digits.

"Never mind."

"How do you know my name? You've always sort of referred to us as "Decepticon human pets".

Ratchet snorted again.

"Change that to Decepticon human 'pests' and that would sound like me," he muttered to himself, before looking over to them.

"Our human allies are named Jack, Miko, and Raf."

"Well...that's a...mighty coincidence," the female muttered. "That's our names."