Chapter Four

"What are you working on?" Jack asked, pushing his glasses up a bit. The action reminded Ratchet of Rafael, and he had to look down to hide the fact that he might have missed the boy.

"A way to contact your dimension," Ratchet replied, looking up again and rapidly typing code into the system. Jack tilted his head slightly in curiosity.

"Can I help you at all? I occasionally help Soundwave and Knockout with things, I know a little Cybertronian."

Ratchet's gaze turned to the young human who looked like Rafael, but had the same name as the Jackson Darby he knew.

"Ra-Jack, I'm not sure how you could help in this case," he replied simply.

"We could try the Decepticons' comlink," Jack suggested.

"I wouldn't want to end up calling Megatron...our Megatron."

"That would be a lovely conversation," Bulkhead replied sarcastically, making Raf grin.

"Nice," he complimented, making the wrecker smile a little. Miko huffed slightly and brushed a strand of hair from her face. It was weird, usually Miko was the louder one, but she had been quiet, and hadn't talked unless talked to or she thought it was important. His Miko just talked whenever she had something to say. It was certainly a change, one he hopefully didn't have to get used to.

"That's what changing the code is for," Jack replied, pulling his laptop out from his bag and sitting down where he was at the computers, starting to type just as fast as Ratchet, making the said Autobot raise an optic ridge and turn back to his computer to type.

"See, comlink codes." Jack announced, turning his laptop over. Ratchet turned to look, adjusting his optics to the tiny text on the smaller screen. He tried to see if he could recognize any and if they were similar. Surprisingly, there were a few digits that were not anywhere close to what he had remembered.

"Alright, we'll give this a shot," Ratchet muttered, seeing no other option. He continued typing a bit of code before hesitantly entering the first comlink code; Megatron's.

The Autobots in the room waited intently as they had overheard what Ratchet and Jack were doing. As Ratchet sent out a transmission, everyone seemed to hold their breath.

***

"Statement: Incoming transmission. From: Autobot Outpost Omega One."

The kids all looked up after hearing a familiar name.

"A transmission?" Raf asked hopefully, as Miko walked over to the railing to look at the screen that was displaying the request.

"Autobot Outpost Omega One?" Knockout asked, making a small face of disgust. Miko glared at him.

"Inquiry: Accept?" Soundwave asked.

"Accept," Megatron replied, optics fixed onto the screen as Soundwave tapped a button on the keyboard, and the screen turned to static a little before a picture started to appear, of an orange and white looking 'bot. On the other side of the screen, a white and blue 'con started to appear on the Autobots' screen. None of the Cybertronians in either dimension knew what to expect.

The screen started to clear of static, and it left every Decepticon in the room to stare at every Autobot through the screen and vice versa. Optimus and Megatron locked optics with each other for a while, and no one said anything as they noticed the leaders' behavior.

"...Orion?"

"Megatronus?" the two asked at the same time, both equally surprised at the voice of the other. It was less harsh and cold.