Chapter Fifteen

"What exactly is your plan?" Megatron asked as he stared at his enemy's counterpart. "To go to each other's world and defeat it with the aid of Unicron?"

"Or Primus, in this realm. Yes. With our combined power, we will outnumber our enemies, and the Decepticons nor Autobots stand a chance," Optimus replied grimly. Megatron smiled slightly.

"Now, I do believe we left Arcee and Starscream for too long."

Megatron raised an optic ridge but didn't comment. This whole thing felt a bit under explained and he had no idea what to expect. He really didn't have any idea what to expect since he had Soundwave use the code that had been given to him by Ratchet.

He snapped out of his thoughts as Optimus turned and walked out of the room and he followed him out immediately. He half felt that, like Starscream, Optimus would try and assassinate him too. Everyone seemed to want to try and yet nobody succeeded. He felt that should be a lesson in of itself, just like how everyone tried getting rid of Optimus Prime when he's tried for millennia.

Nevertheless, he kept his guard up. Who knew what would happen in this, or any dimension?

The two warlords walked down the hallway to where they had left both of their second in command officers, only to see Ratchet, or at least what Megatron thought to be Ratchet, typing away in front of a monitor.

"He's still no different," Megatron muttered to himself. Ratchet shot him a death glare, his optics flashing an angry crimson red. Optimus smiled slightly but it was so faint and so discreet nobody had seen it.

"Ratchet, have you seen Arcee?" Optimus asked, though in a more demanding tone than Megatron normally heard. Ratchet typed on his monitor for a second before turning to look at Optimus.

"She's with Starscream, in the energon storage room."

Optimus walked off once Ratchet finished his statement, Megatron silently following behind him, servos behind his back as he walked. The two were silent, Optimus didn't say anything to start a conversation, and Megatron was a bit too intimidated to start one, though he'd never admit it.

When they reached the storage room and Optimus had opened the door, they were met with Arcee and Starscream having a civil conversation about their own dimensions. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary.

"My liege," Arcee greeted, standing up and lowering her helm slightly in respect for a few seconds. "Do you require anything?"

"I was only seeing how well our guest was adjusting to such a change, but I see you have taken it upon yourself already to do that."

"Do you two have a plan?"

"We have discussed one, yes."

Arcee decided not to ask further on what it was. Starscream looked between her and Optimus repeatedly, not quite knowing what to think about anything anymore.

***

"Miko? What do you mean?" Jack asked nervously.

"I mean, where are we? Which dimension?"

"O-oh." A huge wave of relief washed over Jack as well as Raf in that moment. They had thought she was suffering from memory loss. Jack pressed a finger to his lips, indicated they needed to be quiet before nodding his head to the door, where her parents were conversing with a doctor.

"Our dimension," Raf answered quietly. Miko smiled a little. So seeing her counterpart while being held by Jack and walking through the GroundBridge wasn't a dream.

"How did...we get back?"

"Ratchet recreated the GroundBridge as a portal...but..."

"But what?" she asked weakly, looking between the two as she waited for one of them to answer.

"The Decepticons and the other Autobots now know how to create that same portal," Raf replied.

"Scrap," she whispered as Jack nodded. "How?"

"Ratchet had to give the calibrations to them, or we couldn't get back."

Miko would have drug her hand across her face if she weren't so tired. She barely was even able to understand anything. She wondered why Jack's arm was in a sling, as far as she could remember, he didn't need it, but decided not to ask. She felt herself fading away anyway.

"Thanks for checking on me, guys," she muttered, her eyes dropping a bit. The two smiled and decided they probably should leave.

"Of course, Miko," Jack whispered. He did still feel responsible, even though Miko was technically the one who got them in the wrong place at the wrong time and Ratchet messed up the bridge, but nobody needed to play the blame game.

"We'll stop by later, okay?" Rafael reassured, and Miko smiled weakly and nodded before closing her eyes. The two quietly left, managing to avoid her parents as they were still occupied with the doctor.

***
Arcee sped back into the base, swerving to avoid crashing into a wall and transforming before she stopped.

"What's your rush?" Ratchet asked. Arcee just shook her helm and mentioned something about having a lot on her mind. She walked off down the hall in search for Bee, finding him in his berthroom. She knocked on the wall and he looked up before buzzing permission for her to enter.

"Hey Bee, I have a question for you." Bee nodded, indicating for her to go on.

"Has Rafael seemed distant to you since he got back?"

Bee pointed out that the kids did just get back a few hours ago while under stress and Arcee sighed.

"I know, I'm just concerned for Jack. He didn't seem too talkative with me and when he was kept it short and looked at me like...like..."

Bee whirred quietly and she nodded. "Yeah. I'm just...i'm just worried that the other dimension has affected the kids' view of us, Miko especially with Bulkhead. I just wanted to know if you noticed anything from Raf."

Bee warbled, saying when Raf had approached him for a ride he seemed more quiet and reserved than usual. Arcee frowned. She didn't want them to think they were anywhere close to becoming like their evil dimensional counterparts. She realized she hadn't even seen them before, and that worried her too. How different did they look, and how upset had they made their charges?

She had to find out, but didn't want to make Jack or Raf uncomfortable. Bee buzzed and clicked, and Arcee nodded.

"We'll figure it out, Bee."

~~~

*laughs nervously*

So the last update on this book was right before Christmas. I really suck at this.

But I also died because school is becoming rmuch more of a thing that requires my time and this is my first day (I wrote this yesterday late at night) of a two-week break. So hopefully this isn't the only book I'll update in these fourteen days. Maybe MTMTE and even War Without End. But anyway, thanks for reading. :>