Chapter Five

"What do you say we go out and see our guardians?"

"Not a good idea," Miko glared at Raf, who had suggested.

"Aw, come on."

"If the Autobots in this dimension are good, then the 'cons we know are not...good," Jack said, looking up at Raf. Raf sighed.

"You know you're curious to see what they look like and how they act."

"I admit, I am," Miko replied.

"Then what's stopping you?" Raf said, jumping up off the couch and running off while Ratchet was distracted.

"Raf!" Miko whispered loudly, getting up and following him out, and Jack following her. They made it to the bridge, and Raf outran Miko. Surprisingly Ratchet hadn't noticed until he had closed the bridge and turned to look over at the human area to say something.

"...Oh, Primus," he cursed, and turned back to his monitor to attempt to contact the others.

***

The kids ended up in an energon mine, where they hid behind a rock as the Autobots continued to walk forward.

"Optimus, do you read?" Ratchet said, and Optimus gently pressed a digit to the side of his helm to reply.

"Affirmative."

"I believe the children have escaped the base and are with you."

"Really, Ratchet?" Arcee asked, butting into the conversation. "With Miko running out all the time one would think you'd pay a little more attention when the bridge is up."

"I let my guard down," Ratchet admitted. "Just keep an optic out for them. The 'cons are unaware that Jack, Miko, and Raf are replaced with their...dimensional counterparts, and the children might have decided to see their guardians, whether they be passive, or...hostile."

"Understood, Ratchet," Optimus replied. "We will alert you if we find them."

"I guess this means I'm back on babysitting duty," Arcee grumbled. "I'll go see if I can find them."

She walked off, leaving the others. Bee was back; Ratchet decided he would be able to fight as long as it didn't become strenuous, and as long as he didn't take any more hits for anyone.

They moved forward as Arcee stayed behind, searching for them. As her back was turned, they ran, hoping she wouldn't spot them, and headed the way the others had gone.

Once they caught up, they were shocked to see the Decepticon drones fighting the Autobots.

"The Autobots are the ones that are supposed to have these, aren't they?" Miko asked.

"Well, obviously not: we haven't seen them before until now. Besides, they're purple, not green," Jack replied, pushing up his glasses.

"Hey, look, it's Starscream," Raf pointed to the familiar seeker. It was unnerving, to say the least, to see that his optics were red and he sported darker shades of blue, red, and white

Especially the white.

"Back for more, are you?" the seeker grinned, looking over at Bulkhead, who narrowed his optics.

"You wish," he replied, bringing out his mace. If it scared Starscream, he didn't show it.

Yet.

They watched as the two fought, and as Optimus covered Bumblebee from getting too many 'cons after his tailpipe as he worked on the ones going after him already. The kids watched in awe, mainly at Starscream, who, this time, was failing at fighting the wrecker. Bulkhead had prepared himself for Starscream's attacks this time.