Chapter Fourteen

"Miko...I am so sorry," Jack whispered. "I shouldn't have..." he trailed off. "Nobody saw it coming...but it's still my fault you were hurt. I...I hope you can forgive me."

Currently, Jack and Raf were with Miko in her hospital room, with her host parents just outside the open door. Jack was trying to be discreet on saying he was sorry he had let go while they were in the cave while keeping up the excuse of being in a car crash. Raf was silent, though quietly whispering a "I hope you'll be okay" when Jack finished. Miko was out, sleeping off the anesthesia. The doctors had said she'd make a full physical recovery, but of course, in the words of Optimus,"It is the external wounds which heal the quickest". Jack worried how Miko would take seeing her guardian from their dimension. All Arcee had done to him was drop him into a pod and sprain his ankle, but, as twisted as it was, he could see Arcee as evil, not that he would want that or anything, he just could figure out her personality if she had turned to the "dark side", and he wasn't too fazed. Bulkhead, on the other hand, or even Bee, was much harder. Granted, he didn't have as close of a relationship with either, but they just were too nice to even think about being evil, and yet...it was an alternate reality. Even though they had been stuck in it, Jack still found it hard to believe it even existed. If Miko hadn't come through injured he would have mistaken it all as a dream.

But it was very real.

Miko proved it.

He shuddered slightly, grateful that that reality wasn't the norm, but realized that the other Jack Miko and Raf probably felt the same way about their world. He sighed, and that's when Miko coughed and stirred, startling the two.

"Miko?" Raf asked.

"Guys?" she replied groggily. "Where are we...?"

"The hospital...you're safe. You'll be alright," Jack informed her. She smiled weakly, and Jack and Raf returned the smile. It was silent for a few seconds as Miko closed her eyes again.

"Jack?" Miko asked.

"Yeah?"

"One question..."

"Yeah?" he asked again. She finally opened her eyes and looked over at him, seeming a bit concerned.

"Where...where are we?"

***

The halls of the Ark were similar to the ones of the Nemesis; dimly lit long stretches of hall with an occasional door or hall in another direction. The main color theme however was not purple, but rather a dark red, giving the ship an additional creep factor in Starscream's opinion.

"So, where, exactly, are we going?" the seeker asked, his wings fluttering slightly in nervousness as he looked at the Autobot femme walking at his side.

"We're not going anywhere, really," she replied vaguely. "Though, I could use some energon. Do you need energon?"

"Is it different like everything else in this place?" Starscream asked, raising an optic ridge.

"Is your energon blue?"

"Yes..."

"Then you're in luck, Screamer," Arcee replied, changing her direction and suddenly turning down a hall. Starscream kept up, and she stopped at a door. It opened for her, allowing the two inside before she grabbed a cube for Starscream and herself. She turned to look at him.

"I need to talk to you."

"You've told me that twice now, but you won't tell me what about," he replied.

"If you'd be quiet, I'd tell you faster," she replied.

"I've hardly said anything," Starscream defended. She only rolled her optics, before staring at him directly in the optic.