Chapter Nine

It was rather amusing to watch. Megatron seemed to so desperately want these pathetic creatures, and Optimus could trade them for codes to his doppelgänger in an alternate dimension? It seemed easy. Too easy.

Arcee was kneeling down next to Jack's cylinder, tapping it lightly, fascinated, as if he were some...thing on display at a museum. Jack was just annoyed, but quite fearful at the same time of Arcee. Airachnid hummed slightly in annoyance, wanting to keep the human from her grasp.

"Don't keep me waiting," Optimus barked, and Megatron nodded.

"We want the kids first," Breakdown argued back.

"That can be arranged, I'm sure I could always..." Optimus smiled, though not at all in a friendly way, and Bulkhead picked up Miko's cylinder with both servos, bringing it up to his right shoulder plate before raising an optic ridge, waiting for Optimus, who nodded. Bulkhead smiled and without warning chucked the cylinder with Miko inside, who slammed up to the top of it, having no time to scream. Breakdown's optics widened and he ran forward and caught the cylinder, making the girl inside jerk to the floor. She was lifeless, a crimson red substance was leaking from her head and nose, and the glass of the cylinder was cracked, most likely from where her head may have hit it.

"Oh, Unicron..." Breakdown muttered, immediately feeling guilty for asking for the kids. Jack and Raf looked over at the lifeless figure inside the cylinder in horror.

"Anyone else?" Optimus asked, and Megatron's optics narrowed and he approached, datapad in hand with the codes he had acquired from the other Autobots. He placed it in Optimus' waiting servo, who smiled, and blue optics met orange ones.

"Now, the kids. Gently."

Optimus waved his servo, and Arcee walked over and dropped Jack's cylinder in Arachnid's waiting servos. Bee walked over and only dropped the cylinder on the ground next to the medic, who was looking over Miko. The Cylinder shook and Raf already banged his head against the cylinder from it being dropped to the ground without warning. He whimpered fearfully as he felt blood leak from his nose. He just wanted to be at home.

Once they had all the kids in their possession they ran through the bridge Soundwave had just opened for them, Breakdown first. He ran in and gently set Miko down, twisting the cap off and Soundwave reached in with his slender servos and gently pulled her out. Doctor Darby immediately ran forward as she was set down on a human-sized berth, going through the standard procedures to figure out what could be wrong, thanks to a scan from Knockout.

"She needs to be taken to a hospital," he announced. "There's nothing we can do in the base for her."

"Knockout, she's from a different dimension. How is that going to work when the Miko Nakadai in this dimension looks entirely different than her? The hospital will try to contact her family, and they will have no idea who this girl is!"

"Is it extensive enough that you can't work on her yourself?" Jack asked, looking at him as he sat in Airachnid's servo. He was too worried to be freaked out.

"Well...preferably not."

"Then what if Ratchet re-created the GroundBridge the way it was before to let her back in, and your humans back through?" he asked as he was set down, and he lifted his left foot off the floor as he hopped over to a place to sit.

Knockout blinked.

Why did they never think of that?

"Statement: No guarantee it will work."

"Well, we can try, can't we?"

"We can't afford to waste time!" Doctor Darby replied.

Jack looked over at Miko, where part of her face was already turning purple, and her breathing was raspy and shallow. Raf walked over to her, holding his nose. He sat down, and Doctor Darby handed him a couple tissues. Knockout sighed in exasperation, and Megatron walked over.