Chapter 15

Tiana POV

I sigh as I feel the sunlight on my skin. It's been too long since I've felt it. Too long since I've been outside. Too long since I've breathed in air that doesn't smell of medicine or cleanliness.

It's funny how we forget the beauty of the little things until they're not there anymore.

"You know...you'll enjoy the sun more if you remove that hoodie of yours," Tyson says, amused.

"Not really," I say, pulling my sleeves down self consciously. The bandages are still there and they're a constant reminder of what I've done. I really really don't like them.

"Babe, if you're worried about your scars then just put your hoodie down," Tyson says.

"Babe?" I say, staring at him with an eyebrow raised while my heart pounded in its chest.

"What? Don't like?" he says, smiling innocently.

I frown slightly. "No. I don't."

He looks a little surprised. "What did I do wrong?"

"Was this all just so you could... woo me?"

"No! It's because I care," he says, smiling slightly.

"Sorry it's just... reality slamming back at me," I say, wiggling my arms around wildly to, somehow, prove my point.

"Understandable," he says, opening his arms. I willingly walk into them. It feels good to be safe.

"You're so cold," Tyson says, hugging me tighter.

"Yea? Well you're warm," I say, letting the warmth seep into me. I like feeling warm. It's a nice feeling.

"Nah, I'm just that hot," he says, winking at me when I look up at him incredulously. I roll my eyes and pull away from the hug.

"Narcissistic, much?"

"That's cause I can afford to be narcissistic," Tyson says, gesturing to his body with a smirk on his face. I rolls my eyes at him, shaking my head fondly. "So... do you want to go back to your old house to see if there's anything else you need or do you want to go directly to your new home?" Tyson asks.

"House," I correct immediately. "My new house. And... and I think I'd like to go back to the old house. Just to check things out."

"You sure about that?" he asks, concern clearly shown on his face.

"Yeah," I say. In a way, I'm annoyed by how concerned he is. I've been living in that hellhole my whole life. I'm not going to break if I see it. But, on the other hand, I understand where he's coming from. Doesn't mean I have to like it.

"Alright then, let's go," he says and a memory flashes in my mind.

"Can we take the motorcycle?" I ask excitedly, looking up at him. He gives me this soft look before laughing.

"Yea, we're taking the motorcycle," he says and I grin.

"You should smile more," he says and I frown immediately.

He shakes his head at me in an amused manner before saying, "Okay let's go now, frowny face. For real."

I nod and he gets on the motorcycle. I get in after him and he gives me the helmet.