Chapter 12: Moving Day

Start from the beginning

His foot came out as if he was about to take a step closer to me, but instead we were interrupted. "There you guys are!" She exclaimed tiredly. "Connors looking for you, Lay." Her voice was tired as she huffed a bit and I chuckled at her distraught figure. "My unhealthiness is not funny!" She wagged her finger at me and I shook my head at her. Glancing down I noticed Ace's phone still in his hand, and so I looked down at mine and clicked the red phone to hang up the call. Instead of saying anything else to me, Ace walked over to Tayla and threw an arm over her shoulders, pulling her into his side.

"No ones judging you, Tay." She grinned up at him as she nudged his side and pulled him to walk with her as her arm sling casually over his back as they walked together like that back to the group. I couldn't help but feel the pit of my stomach burn with jealousy. I shook my head and headed back to the group as well.

Conversations danced around me as everyone chatted amongst themselves outside. "We all set?" Jake asked toward me and I looked around at the vehicles and I nodded. "I guess so. Let me go lock up and grab Charlie then we can follow me." Everyone agreed and I made my way upstairs to my apartment and inside to grab Charlie. Opening the door, his tail wagged and he trotted over to me I grinned at him and grabbed his leash and collar. "Let's go home, boy." He panted excitedly at me and his tail wagged back and forth. Looking around for anything else that I might have forgotten, I turned to leave.

Once I opened the door to my apartment, I came face to face with Connor and he grinned at me. I smiled lightly back and went to move around him to go downstairs, he grabbed my arm gently and turned me toward him, giving me a small kiss. I kissed back lightly and he pulled apart. His eyes danced across my face and he gave me a questioning look. "Are you okay?" I nodded and gave him a forced smile. "Yeah." I breathed out, "just got a lot on my mind." He nodded in understanding and we left it at that. "I'll meet you downstairs."

There was no room left for conversation and instead of responding, he tucked his hands in his pockets and walked down the hall and back to our friends. Sighing, I tightened the leash and looked in the empty apartment one last time. "Cmon, boy." I rubbed his leash gently, left the keys on the bar, locked the door and left.

Once back to our friends I grinned at everyone. "Let's go move me into my dream house." I grinned at everyone and Belle whooped and we piled into our cars. I rolled my windows down and Charlie stuck his head out the window. I grinned next to me where Belle was parked, also with her windows down and I yelled over to her. "Try and keep up." I winked and she shook her head and I laughed as I reeved my engine and put her in drive. I drove off down the street, everyone following. Tyler pulled up next to me and reeved his engine and I shook my head. He took off in front of me and I accelerated towards him.

Once I caught up to him we were neck in neck, he shifted as fast as he could but his Subaru was no match for my Acura. I took off down the street in front of him and once I glanced in my rear view mirror I could see him shaking his head and I shook mine with a small laugh. Charlie panted next to me and I grinned at him as I pet his head, slowing down to a decent speed.

Once we arrived to my new house I climbed out of my car, as well as our friends. "This is the house you bought?" Tyler gapped and I laughed with a nod. "I hope so, otherwise someone's going to be in for quite the surprise." He gave me an are-you-serious kind of look and I winked as he chuckled and shook his head. "You wound me, Lay." He places a hand over his heart and I gave him a pout. "I sowwy." I walked over to him and placed my chin on his torso as I pouted up to him. "Nope, I'm too wounded, Lay." I wrapped my arms around his torso and hung onto him as I pulled my legs up and forced him to support me.

"But, I sowwy." I cried and he stuck his nose further in the air and crossed his arms. "How can I make it up to you?" I fake pouted and he grinned cheekily at me. He tapped his cheek and I rolled my eyes. "No." He shrugged and started to walk away slowly. "I guess you gotta unpack yourself." He trailer off and I rolled my eyes. "Wait." I called as he walked further and he turned to me and grinned. "Yes." He drew out in mock and I rolled my eyes again, walking towards where he walked to. I grabbed his shoulder, pulling his face closer to me and pressed my lips to his stubbly face and he grinned as I pulled back.