Chapter 7: Renesmee's Plight

Start from the beginning

Momma, I think I'm in love she thought pulling her hand away, she looked slightly unsure on whether to continue, I simply smiled at her and said, "sweetheart, you know there's nothing you can't tell me right?"  

Nessie rolled her eyes and placed her hand back on my cheek I think I'm in love with Jake, I think about him ALL the time, I'm happier when he's around, as soon as I see him I can't help but smile, I want to spend all my time with him, and I get shivers every time he so much as holds my hand! And last night, even though I'm really sad about what's happened to Billy, I was quite relieved when you said we were going there, because I just missed him SO much! She finished,  

"well, all things considered darling, I think you might be right" I smiled, she reached up and touched me again, But how can I tell him that? And Dad would KILL me! I don't think Jake feels the same way, and I'm not ready to make a total embarrassment of myself! I just . . .  

"Renesmee" I stopped her, pulling her hand slightly away from my face, "Your father and I love you, we will support you all the way, and as for the other matter, I'm sure you'll be pleasantly surprised when the time comes"  

"Really Mom?" she begged  

"Really darling" I finished, Ness snuggled back into my chest and spent the rest of the journey there, I held her as tight as I could, realising again, just how quickly my baby was growing up, and after she told Jake how she was feeling, I'd soon loose my little girl all together. Edward kept looking at me via the rear view mirror, clearly trying to figure out what had been so important that Nessie had asked me to use my shield, But I was too absorbed in Ness to pay much attention.

"Hey, look Mom, there's Grandpa Charlies cruiser" Nessie squealed, pointing out the window, it was nearly 3 pm and we'd just arrived in Forks. I sighed in relief, it felt better being back home, although it did feel a little awkward.  

"Bells? Nessie?" Charlie called dashing out the front door to greet us, "I've missed you both so much!" he added, before pulling us both into his embrace. I heard Edward cough and say hello to Charlie,  to which Charlie responded  by nodding.  

"Hello Carlisle" he said, holding his hand out to shake hands with my father-in-law.  

"Good to see you Charlie, I just wish it was under better circumstances my friend" I saw my dad's face drop slightly before gesturing towards the door,  

"Come on lets get my two favourite girls inside"  

"Um, Dad" I began , shrugging out of Charlies arms "I think I'll help Edward with the bags"  

"Oh OK, I guess we'll see you both inside then"

I watched Carlisle, Charlie and Renesmee walk in the front door before turning to Edward,  

"I'm sorry about Charlie, you know how he is" I apologised, Edward laughed,  

"I'm not worried about Charlie, I'm more concerned about what was so important that you had to use your shield in the car?"  

"Edward, it was nothing, girls stuff that's all"  

"It was about Jacob wasn't it?" he asked very matter-of-factly  

"No" I lied  

"Bella, you're a terrible liar" he smirked "and besides, she's was trying to keep her thoughts clean by singing high school musical songs, but she slipped a couple of times, all I saw was his face"  

"You're incouragable you know that?" I laughed  

"I know, but that's why you love me right?" he asked, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me in for a kiss,  

"Actually..." I interrupted "I love you in spite of that"  

"Hmm" Edward moaned "Love, please just tell me, I'll only worry, I know its something to do with Jacob?"  

"Edward, I promised I wouldn't, but whilst we're on the subject of Jacob" I began "I think we need to start thinking about telling Ness the truth, that Jake imprinted on her"  

"No Bella!" he exclaimed "We made a deal, we wouldn't tell her until it was absolutely necessary!"  

"Well what if it is necessary Edward? What if she's feeling things for him too eh?" I slipped up, as soon as the words left my mouth I felt a pang of guilt,  

"So that's what this is about?" he spat at me,  

"Just forget I said anything OK?"  

"No Bella, its not OK, its just normal teenage hormones, it'll pass"  

"Since when has anything about Nessie been normal Edward?, It's more than that and you know it!" I hissed, he continued to stare at me so I turned round and picked up the bags that were now on the floor at my feet,  

"Lets just deal with 1 thing at a time yeah?" I pleaded "Billy need's us right now"  

"Fine, but this discussion isn't over" he finished. And with that we walked into the house.