Twenty Three (Teo)

Start from the beginning

The elevator door opened and Damien pulled me in. "Aren't you getting in?" I asked Elisse. I saw the disappointed look on her face. It was quickly replaced with disdain as she turned her eyes on me.

"I forgot something in my room. Go ahead." She acted friendly, but I knew better.

The elevator door closed. "She looks mad..." I told Damien.

"She'll get over it." Damien said as he lifted his arm from my shoulders and then held my hand. "I know my priorities."

We shopped in the grocery as usual, except that Damien wouldn't let go of my hand. "How can we shop like this?" I asked him shyly.

"I'll push the cart, you grab the stuffs." He told me.

"People are staring at us." I couldn't even look up.

"They're just jealous because I am holding hands with the cutest guy in the shop." He said proudly. It was probably the opposite. If anyone would be jealous of anyone; they would be jealous of me; because the Adonis-incarnate Damien was holding my hand. "Why? Are you embarrassed of me?"

"It's not that..." I replied guiltily.

"I'm just messing with you." Damien admitted with a chuckle.

Shopping while holding hands was a little tougher than usual, but it was a lot more fun too. I thought that we were heading home right after we did our grocery, but Damien had another plan.

"This place..." I mused as we stopped in front of an opulent looking restaurant.

"My Dad's restaurant." Damien told me as he removed his seat belt.

I was still a bit confused about the whole situation. I didn't know why he brought me there. I was also nervous about the idea of meeting his father for the first time.

"My parents want to meet you, but my Mom is out of town this weekend, so I'll introduce you to Dad first." Damien said as we walked towards the restaurant, hand-in-hand.

My hands were a bit shaky at that moment. I mean, who wouldn't be nervous at that time I didn't even know what I would say to his Dad, or what his Dad would think of me.

"Teo, don't be nervous, Dad is very cool." Damien's words reassured me a little bit, but still my heart was racing in nervousness.

"You should've told me we're coming here. I could've brought something..." I told him.

"You would've bought some expensive wine, wouldn't you?" How can he know that? "There's no need for that. Let's go, before Dad gets busy." He said as he pulled me inside.

Everyone in that restaurant seemed to really know Damien so well. They greeted him with a smile and he greeted them back. No one said anything about our entwined hands, even though their eyes would sparkle when they see it.

The kitchen was incredible. Everyone was moving so fast and yet with coordination. It was a mesmerizing view. Growing up in such environment, I could see why Damien came to love cooking as well.

"Damien!" Raphael Licauco was a tall handsome man. I've only seen him in pictures and some videos, but like Damien, seeing him in person was a totally different experience. "So, is this Teo?" He greeted with a smile as he reached for a handshake. Damien let go of my hand for a while. "I heard so much about you." His Dad said, which only made me even more nervous.

"Ummm... Nice to meet you..." I greeted back shyly.

"Don't be nervous, I don't bite." Raphael joked. I chuckled nervously and nodded. "Wait outside, it's hot here. I'll have some food prepared."