Labyrinth- Jareth X Reader- Dancing

It was unusual for the Goblin King to invite anyone to his castle, let alone invite almost a hundred for a ball.

Your parents insisted that you go even though neither of them had recieved an invite. The Goblin King was a strange man and was known to be quite awkward when it came to meeting people. And yet, you stood in the entrance of a castle surrounded by many other guests in your new, fancy (f/c) clothes.

Rather quickly, you found your friend and began talking and chatting about the party. However, they seemed to have more friends here than you and as quickly as you had found them, you were left alone.

With nothing better to do, you headed towards the food that had be set out on several long tables near the edge of the large room. With a plate balanced on one hand, you began piling food you liked on it and then found an empty chair and table near by to sit at.

"You look lonely, do you not know anyone?" Startled, you looked up from your food to see the Goblin King.
"I do, sir, but they are with other friends that I do not know," you replied politely.
"That's a shame," he said as she took a seat on the chair next to you.

Nervous, you looked down at you food. He must have found it pathetic for someone to only have one friend and also be alone at a prestigious party.
"It's a wonderful ball, sir," you said quietly.
"I suppose," he said. "Even if I invited everyone, I do not enjoy so many people being in one place." You nodded in agreement.
"It is a little overwhelming, sir."

"Jareth, please call me Jareth," he said. "What's you name?"
"(Y/n)," you replied, stopping yourself before you could add 'sir' to the end of what you said.
"Would you care to dance with me?" he asked. You stared at the few pieces of food left on the plate.
"I doubt you'd want to dance with me, imagine all the looks we'd get." Jareth stood, his cape gracefully falling around him, and held his hand out.
"What's said is said. I wouldn't have said it if I didn't mean it."

Biting your lip, you took his hand and he led you to a less crowded space. He wrapped his arms around your waist and you wrapped your arms around his neck as you swayed in time with the slow music that was playing. Being in close proximity with the man made you anxious and your cheeks turned red. You saw all of the strange looks the two of you were recieving. Out of the corner of your eye, you spotted your friend who had left you for others. Wanting to block them all out - all except Jareth - you closed your eyes and rested your head on his chest.

Later on, when Jareth excused himself to deal with a goblin matter, you found yourself waiting on a balcony. From whatever floor you were on, you could see the endless labyrinth. You could see some of the closer walls just outside of the Goblin City moving and changing. It was a perfect defense for almost everyone.

Everyone except that girl, Sarah.

"Perhaps we should do this more often." Jareth's voice startled you but you turned to face him as he walked over.
"Do what more often?"
"This, spending time together," he said. "Sarah no longer matters, I think I have found a new person to bestow my affection upon." You raised your eyebrows as you realised who he meant.
"M-me?" you stuttered. He nodded. "Really?"
"Yes, (Y/n). I would like it very much if we could be together."
"Well," you started. You tried to think of a cohesive way to answer as there was no denying the man was kind an attractive. "I would also like it very much, Jareth."

"Care to dance with me again?" he asked, making you smile widely and nod in response.