Chapter 36

That night, the small family was sleeping in one room. With two adults and two toddlers, they were cramped on that king size bed full of fluffy pillows. The arrangement was also different than normal set up; with Carlisle sleeping in between the twin and Zander laid at Noah's side while a barrier of pillows at Noël side.

Both, Noah and Noël were hugging Carlisle at each of his side with their little stubby legs been put on top of Carlisle's thighs. Both faces were blotchy and swollen.

Initially, Micah was against the idea of sending both Noah and Noël to their mother as he thought that Carlisle was better to had a rest without interruption. But, the twin crying was unstoppable to the point of their breathing had hitched with tonnes of hiccups. Countered such an alarming situation, with heavy heart Micah made a decision to bring both to Carlisle. And, the magic happened. As soon as both got to be in Carlisle's hug, their crying were slowing down to the point of only whimpered could be heard; faintly.

"Did Noël asleep?", Zander whispered, cutting the quietness inside the bedroom to ask Carlisle that looked quite drowsy.

" 'ummm~", Carlisle answered throatily before he's became silent while slowly closing his heavy lidded eyes.

Zander chuckled receiving subconscious answer. Opted to not relying to Carlisle unreliable response, he chose to check by himself. He pushed himself up and cocked his head to look at Noël at the other side of Carlisle. Halfway through his action, Carlisle upward body suddenly jerked up with his hand swatted Zander's nose, "Wha--! Ouch!!"

Instantly, Carlisle eyes shot wide open hearing the cry. Instinctually he turned to his left side; where he believed the cried came from and saw Zander's head bowing down. For the few seconds, he was pondering the reason that fiance of him making such behaviour in the middle on night until something clicked in. "Sorry.. sorry", Carlisle said in hushed tone. Minding the twin at his side, he carefully and as silent as he can manage, changing his position to face Zander who'd still bowing his head to the bed. "Don't see you'll come across my space. Are you okay?"

Zander cupped his nose to reduce the stung before massaged it. He sat upright after heard the concerned question. "Yeah. 't not that bad actually", he said with teary eyes. And, thanks to the dim lit room, Carlisle probably didn't saw his beaded eyes.

Or, so he thought.

"Don't lie to me", Carlisle swatted -hard- the older man's arm as a present for him after he sillily trying to lie to him. The sharp sound of swatting was reverberating inside that silent room.

"What?", Zander rubbed the new stung spot. The previous injury still throbbing and he already got a new one. Thruthfully, this fiance of him had a quick hand movements.

"I saw your teary eyes. That's mean it really hurt you."

"Then, why did you add it?"

"You're lying to me", Carlisle answered in a tone used by a person that said; you ate the last piece of brownies although you knew it was my favourite. Thus, you deserved the punishment.

Zander sighed, "Can't you just ignored the details and let me be a macho man for a bit."

Amused from the request by his fiance, Carlisle countered, "Then, why did you bowing your head after been swatted?"

"Urrmm...", Zander almost bite his lip thinking for an answer, "to help bloods in my body flowing better?"

"Nacho much", Carlisle covered his smile when he muttered the words.