Chapter 39

Halfway through the supposed C39, I thought that it kinda awkward to left the previous chapter scene hung like that. So, I change my plan and write a new scene that absolutely not in planning.

So, yeah. Here it's go. Enjoy.
___________________

Less than 100 meters in front, Carlisle could saw a signboard that wrote 'Bacon 'n Jam'. Instantly, a black line of disappointment appeared on his left temple. "Errr..", sound of awkwardness immerged from his throat unconsciously.

"Humm?", Zander questioning without looking.

"Are we going there?", he pointed to the signboard just enough for Zander to glance at it before they drove through the board.

"Why?", the older man neither agreeing nor denying.

Ignoring the question, Carlisle said, "On second thought, let's cancel eating a brunch. Let's go to the beach or maybe to the park."

"Huh?", Zander was surprised. He turned to Carlisle in a flash before look up front to the road, "Why? We're almost there."

"Urmm", Carlisle fidgeting on his seat. Seconds had past and he still not continuing his words.

'Okay, proceed. I'm waiting for your reason', he glanced to the pregnant person again. Clock ticking, but Carlisle still had a tight lips regarding his reason. Chose to not waited for him to open his mouth, Zander reluctantly along with heavy feeling, partially agreeing, "Well, if you insist." The man shrugged helplessly . In his mind he had lines of words been created to achieve his double-edged sword meaning, and hopefully he will received the favourable one with it. "Earlier you said you felt stuffy staying inside the car this long but since you suddenly wanted to change our plan, we'll have to stay inside this car a much longer as I need to look for an intersection to make a turn. You knew right, this area was hard to find an intersection to change our way. Are you okay with it?"

Carlisle ducked down his head after hearing Zander. In his time of complementing, sighs after sighs unconsciously jumped out of his mouth. Soft murmured of Noah and Noël playing at the backseat blanketed their conversation before he cut it out with a question of the year. "Mind to tell me what's the name of the place that we are going to have brunch?"

Zander raised his brow, 'Nice progress', trying hard to hide his smile from the sudden question after the younger said he had change his mind from their original plan, "Bacon and jam. Why?"

"Oh", heard that, Carlisle can felt a disappointed rushing to seep deep inside his core. "Aren't that a hipster cafe? It's just.. Urm", he scratched his head, trying hard to find a good explanation, "I want to have my food in normal presentation, just in a humble plate. I'm not in a mood of something extravaganza in term of looking. Or some meal that had been deconstructed without recognition. Like, if it's spaghetti bolognese then I want a plate of it with its sauce been pour on top and maybe with meatballs and parmesan been sprinkled on top. I don't want to receive a bowl of noodles, a bowl of sauce, two or three dry looking meatballs; separately and a block of parmesan for me to grate it by myself. If it like that, I prefer to cook it by myself at home." He filled in before quickly continued his reason as he saw that Zander's lips was twitching like he wanted to counter his words, "Wait, hear me out first." He took a deep breath before proceed, "Don't think that I hate them. It's on the other side actually. I'm okay with hipster cafe, their foods are innovative and creative, also something their taste are wonderful. It's just this time I don't have a mood to enjoy the rareness and adrenaline rush of receiving a weird looking food. That's all."

"Hahahaha", Zander made a boisterous laughed that successfully made the twin stopped their playing together in shocked. "You gave me a good laugh there. Okay! Okay. I understand what are you trying to say. But believe me, this one is the best. Indeed their name kinda like a hipster name but their foods are normal looking. I guarantee you."

"Hmm", Carlisle released an unimpressed sound.

"I kinda hungry, you know", Zander tried to fish a pity from the pregnant person at his side. With one hand, he rubbed his stomach with hoody eyes. "Also, there's this nagging craving that keep coming behind my head that asked me to have this braised pulled duck with brioche bun at there. Don't you feel any sort of compassion with my craving?" He tried harder by utilising the similarity of situations that he needed to past through during the first trimester of Carlisle's pregnancy. Glancing at his side, he peeked for any sign of conceded or maybe a hint of sympathize from the younger.

Carlisle silent. He pulled a deep breath a few times before released it slowly. After moment of contemplating, "Okay", he drawled his agreement. That's, after he remembered a glimpse of each scenes where Zander needed to endure all the nauseous while he was enjoying everything without a hint of pregnancy problems. Well, except that one which was an irritation that he felt everytime Zander clung to him. Because of that, he will tolerate the denial sensation that dully poking from behind his mind.

"Seriously?", Zander inquiried hastily. Almost to the point he sounded like he was faking his disbelief. In his delighted, Zander turned in a flash to Carlisle. Quickly, he impended a gratitude, "Thank you", to constrict the man from replying with some undesirable retort that may turned the tide of acceptance from his pregnant fiance. He drove delightfully to the intended restaurant.

Carlisle nodded silently hearing the words of gratitude from the older man. Chose to keep silent until they arrived at Bacon 'n Jam which was just in one minute, he shifted his sight to the roadside view until the car had stopped.

"We're here", Zander informed lightly, on the same time he patted Carlisle's thigh, "Let's go."

"Ah.. hmm", Carlisle hummed in acknowledgement before he unhooked his seatbelt then opened the car's door. He almost clambered out of the car in his searched of fresh air, also to chase the stuffiness that he felt inside the confined of that sedan. Groaning in appreciation, he streched and arched his body to release the muscles tension.

"Let's go", Zander called his fiance. Both twin were already outside of the car and currently were holding his hands as both refused to be carry.

"Ack.. done?", Carlisle was a bit taken aback when he saw that Zander had done with the twin just in that short moment of him stretching his pregnant self. "Okay. Let's eat", he said before following Zander to walk inside the cafe. Luckily for them, the inside of the cafe was quite stagnant in activities as it's still about an hour plus to lunch hour.

"Where do you want to sit?", Zander inquiried.

"Urmm..", he drawled it. "I prefer outside seeing the weather is brilliant right now, but I guess it's impossible right?"

Zander shook his head, "Yes, if you wants to be lighten by camera's flashes." Zander grinned, teasing.

Carlisle shuddered involuntarily. "Thanks a lot for the offer but I decline. Okay, near the window then. But not that close."

"Understand." Zander strutted to a table that almost at the corner of the cafe but a person who sat there can oversaw the outside view from a large window, also receiving a nice amount of filtered sunlight. A minute after they settled on the seat, a waiter came with booklets of menu for them to choose their foods.