Chapter 23

"What will you wear for tomorrow?", Amelia asked him, spontaneously, after she took a sit at Carlisle's side on the sofa inside the family room.

Shocked, Carlisle jumped out from his reverie. Simultaneously, he whipped his head to the intended person. "Urm... pardon?"

Smiled. "I asked you, what will you wear for tomorrow? There's a small party for Noah and Noël's birthday.", she restated her previous question while trying to enunciate the 'small' word.

"Ah, yes...", his mind still chaos. Gnawed his lower lips before he deemed his mind had cleared from the previous thought. "Just a jeans and button down... Maybe. Why?" He looked at the woman's rounded face,waiting for an answer of his question. Her shiny black hair fanned the both sides of her face, complement her look as its gave a beautiful seduction look to the onlookers.Her make up was just enough to enhance her beauty without any hindrance of excess powders or cream.

Amelia hummed, her finger tapped on her chin in an action of hard thinking. "What's the colour of your button down?"

"Errr.. black?", he answered in doubt. He himself still wondered either to wear the black one or the white one.

"Black is nice. It is regular cut or slim fit? And the jeans... What's the colour?", she kept asking the never ending questions.

Carlisle brows knitted. Now, he was doubting this woman, her real intentions for asking something like that. It was not like he had knew her for a long time, so a bit of suspicion were not going to hurt. To support his own argument, he just learned her name on yesterday night. "No.", he verbalised his refusal to answer.

"Huh?", Amelia arched her brows in question.

"Seriously, why did you asked this never ending questions? About tomorrow attires, not less. Why?", It was Carlisle turned to ask questions. He glared at the woman at his side.

Amelia gawked a second before she inclined her head towards Carlisle, "Jeezz! Cousin-to-be, don't be so on edge. I'm trying to help you here. Just wants to gauge your taste in clothes, either it passable or not to wear at tomorrow's party."

"Why must you do so? It's just a normal birthday party? A toddler's one. Not some business or celebrities party.", Carlisle countered.

The woman snickered in mocking. "That's where you are wrong, my dear cousin-to-be. This is Hammelton we are talking about. Nothing in normal scales happen here. Moreover, this is the first party for the twin to be introduced to peoples outside of the family. Well technical, not so outsider, just some of this family's acquaintances."

Carlisle's face gave a hint of confusion. He subconsciously tilted his head sideway.

Smirked, she continued, "Why so? Hurm, just think of its as a transition stage for the young of our family. Long story short, it's a tradition that we was obligated to do. Since it's nothing much hassle, we still follow it until this day. Believe me here or you'll be feel underclothes at the party tomorrow if you just wearing shirt and jeans.", she patted Carlisle's forearm.

"It is?", Carlisle felt anxious after heard those. All the doubt that he felt before had slowly dissipated to the thin air. Subconsciously he realised, almost every time he meet with a member of this family, he will knew something new. "I'm-- ".

Door been knocked from the outside, successfully interrupted Carlisle words. Both occupants of the room looked at the door.

"Yes?", Amelia spoke a bit loud for the person at behind of the door to heard her.