CHAPTER 4: SCHOOL (EPOV)

Start from the beginning

Bella obviously felt my body tense because she reached out and gently squeezed my hand, calming me instantly,  

"who's next? Oh yes, Isabella Marie Swan?"  

"That's me" Bella mumbled "and actually its just Bella" she added reaching over and gently taking the pack the woman was holding out to her, jeez what is it with these kids and names!  

"Next we have Mary Alice Cullen?"  

"Ooh! That's me!" Alice chimed "But it's just Alice, ever since my parent's locked me in an asylum at a young age, I dropped my first name", Oh great.  

"I see, well here you go Alice" another one fussed about her name, I can see why an asylum was necessary though, she's clearly a few card's short of a deck! Jasper, obviously sensing the anger emulating from me right now stopped her before she could read out another, "Um, Sorry Miss, we don't mean to seem rude, but we do know our own names, if you could just pass us the pile and we'll get out of your hair", he gave her his biggest, most brightest smile, completely dazzling her, until she passed him the pile of welcome packs and waved us out the door.

"Thanks Jazz" I muttered as we got outside the room,  

"No probs bro, what on earth was going on in there?" he asked, I cringed at the memory "Illegal. That should be illegal, lets just leave eh?"  

"Come on Ness" Rose began, changing the subject completely, lets figure out who you've got in each class eh?"  

Jasper passed me my welcome pack and I whipped out my schedule;

Period 1: English Mr Edwards Rm5  

Period 2: Calculus Miss Strong Rm12  

Period 3: Biology Mr Ventham Rm8  

----------------------------LUNCH---------------------------------  

Period 4: History Ms Meechan Rm1  

Period 5: Motor Mechanics Mr Spiers Outdoor centre  

Period 6: Gym Mr White Sports Arena

"I've got English 1st" Ness said hesitantly,  

"yeah me too sweetheart" I replied,  

"So have I" Bella grinned, leaning into my chest  

"Me too!" squealed Alice.

5 minutes later we had finally figured out that not only would Nessie not be alone in any of her classes, but none of us would, which pleased everyone, except Jacob of course, Can't I get away from them for even an hour? I don't mind Ness, but seriously? 3 periods with Blondie and I'll be ready to chew my arm off! At least at home I can get away from her!  

"I'm Sorry you feel that way Jacob" I stated, whilst stifling a grin. Get out of my head!! I couldn't help but laugh slightly. Me and Jacob had discussed this many times, he knew I couldn't help it, but still got easily frustrated with me,  

"Everything OK?" Bella asked sweetly  

"Fine, love" I looked down at my watch, "we'd all better get going though the bell is about to ring"  

"yeah, Eddie's right", I scowled at Emmett for using his annoying nickname for me "we don't want to be late on our 1st day do we?"  

"Fine Da- Edward" Nessie grimaced "Lets go"

We found Mr Edward's room fine, and waved good bye to Jasper, Rose, Emmett, and Jacob, who all left to their 1st period. Alice, danced her way into the class room ahead of us, me and Bella both looked at Nessie, smiled and then followed Alice in.  

Look at that little pixie girl, she's so cute  

That guy can sit by me any time,  

I wonder if she's seeing someone? A girl that hot must be seeing someone? I hope not,

Yes! She's in my class, maybe I'll get the chance to ask her out now, I froze looking to the direction that last thought came from, and there he was, the child from the hall, still staring at Nessie, completely infatuated, I let a quiet growl escape my lips, too low for any human to hear, Bella picked up on it though, she concentrated for a second before, EDWARD CULLEN! STOP GROWLING AT EVERYONE! DO YOU HEAR ME? I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU'RE HEARING, I WONT HAVE YOU RUIN THIS FOR NESS! I jumped slightly from hearing Bella's thoughts, she was letting her shield down to warn me. I nodded my head slightly to acknowledge her, and took my seat next to Bella at the back of the class.

"Good morning class!" Mr Edward's began, casually strolling into the room, "I understand we have some new students today?" glancing around the room for a fraction of a second before his gaze finally landed on us, "well, hello, you must be the Cullen family?"  

I cleared my throat ready to answer him when Alice chimed in, almost bouncing off her seat "Yes sir, I'm Alice Cullen, this is my brother Edward" she continued gesturing towards me "and these are our adopted sisters, "Renesmee and Bella Swan"  

"Thank-you Alice, well as you are all new, why don't you take it in turns to tell us something about yourselves? Alice, would you like to go 1st"  

"OK, well my full name is Mary Alice Brandon Cullen, and I was adopted by Dr and Mrs Cullen about 7 years ago, I'm 16 and I enjoy fashion, shopping and parties!" she finished, sitting down and looking towards Ness to let her no it was her turn to talk. 

"Um, well my name is Renesmee, and I'm 16, I enjoy spending time at home with my family, shopping with my au- sister, Alice" she corrected herself "I love all my family especially my Mom and Dad" she carried on, snatching a glance between Bella and I, "and this is my first time in school, I've been home-schooled until now" she finished, blushing slightly, I smiled at her and waited for Bella to take her turn, I watched her stand, even though its been 6 years, I still feel protective of her, waiting for her to stumble and fall.  

"Hi, My name is Bella Swan, I'm 17, me and Renesmee came to live with the Cullen's a little over 6 years ago, after my parents couldn't cope with some of the, uh, changes we were going through, my favourite pass time is being at home with my family, especially Renesmee" she finished, bending down and stroking her head affectionately.  

"Hello Sir" I began "My name is Edward Cullen, I'm 17, and I like to spend time playing my piano"  

I sat down hoping that would be the end of it. Piano huh? Yes, he does look a little old fashioned, I smiled slightly to myself again.  

"OK then class" he began, once again turning his attention to the other students "if you'd like to open up your books to page 17 we will carry on from where we left off last time"