Chapter 19- A Natural

I decided not to use my connections as the boss's relative and went through the whole application and hiring process. I was interviewed by some old, bird-looking, nursing home reject. At the end of the interview I made a mental note to tell Lorde to hire some staff that didn't have one foot in the grave.

Surprisingly, I was hired into the IT department. I was pretty computer savvy and within two weeks I had streamlined their database system and their webpage making their site easier to navigate. I enjoyed IT but felt it wasn't much of a challenge. Not to mention, there was a lot of solo work. Social butterflies thrive on interactions with others.

Lorde had me moved to another department where they negotiated contracts. I've always loved to meet new people and to challenge others so they sort of went hand in hand. I really felt in my element. A few weeks in, we scored several major contracts that set the company up for quite some time. Lorde was so proud. He bragged to anyone that would listen.

I was only in the company for two months when I managed to score a contract with a company Lorde had been trying to court for over a year. It was the one time I felt my standing was an asset. The owner of that company was also a male sub queen. He said he felt a connection with me and wanted to do more business to develop products that would appeal to others like us.

Because of that deal, the company stock rose and the company began receiving more publicity and business. To celebrate, Lorde threw a company party, inviting, investors and shareholders, staff, the press and their families. It was a huge semi-formal event. The first I'd ever attended as his bondmate. Being almost six months pregnant, I felt extremely unattractive.

My love assured me I was fine and had the moms take me to a paternity/maternity store to find something that would flatter my round figure for the event. We found a pair of black formal capris, black flat gladiator sandals, a satin black button down maternity top, and a calf length mandarin collared jacket.

Not many people in the company knew I was Lorde's bondmate and submissive. We weren't hiding it. But we weren't walking around advertising it either. If asked we would answer. Simple. It kept gossip and jealousy down.

At the cocktail hour there were plenty of good looking people that kept coming up to Lorde trying to flirt and hold his attention. I sat on one of the settees most of the hour resting my swollen ankles. I insisted Lorde go and mingle and do his thing while I relaxed. My eyes lit up when my father, one of the investors, walked in with my mother on his arm.

I got up and waddled towards them. I greeted my mother with a kiss on the cheek and held out my hand to my father with a smile. He looked at my hand then looked past me without saying anything. My mother shook her head and gave me a sad smile. I excused myself then went to find Lorde. I suddenly needed to feel him. I found him talking with his parents and the man who helped make this event possible. I quickly made my way over. Lorde's face lit up and he held his hand out to me. He must have sensed my distress because he pulled me in close and kissed the top of my head.

"You okay?" he whispered.

I nodded and greeted the others with a hug and kiss on both cheeks.

"Teegan, you are absolutely radiating."

I blushed. "Thank you , Mr. Morrisey."

He flicked my nose and smiled. "Pssh. It's Isaac, Teegan. Forget this Morrisey business."

I laughed softly. "Yes, Isaac. Thank you for coming."

"I should thank you. They have been trying to get me on board for over a year." He turned to Lorde. "Fire the lot of them. Teegan is all you need on your negotiating team."