Unexpected Assistance

Start from the beginning

Veronica huffed. "Well then, my daughters dating a very authoritative male. Shall I say alpha...dominant?"

"Excuse me?"

She shook her head. "She's just like her mother, falling for the controlling and possessive type."

"Does that mean Louis is possessive and controlling?"

A laugh escaped her. "Believe it or not, Louis is a very...very possessive and controlling man. Very dominant as well, it was hard to get used to but I eventually came to like it."

I stayed silent.

She continued. "However, no matter how much I loved it, I knew it wasn't good for me...for my daughter."

"Is that why you left?"

Veronica sighed. "Roxanne was a curious child, so one night when she was about eight, she found her way to our room..." She paused, then went on. "Louis was whipping me, and yes before you ask, he is into that shit." Another laugh escaped her. "Well so am I."

"So Roxanne saw?"

She nodded. "Saw as much as an eight year old could take before screaming her lungs out. After that night she couldn't even look at her father the same, she thought he was abusing me and hurting me, we basically traumatized her. We couldn't explain to her that I enjoyed it, but we had to find a way to make things better." Veronica took a sip of her Frappe. "So we took her to a therapist, he suggested that we use this weird technique and erase her memories."

I remained silent.

"It worked, and things were getting back to normal, but normal was the reason we ended up in the situation. Our normal was sick, twisted, not something we should continue after everything happened. So I tried to stop it, however, what our relationship was based on was Dominant male, submissive female. And because I grew accustomed to our ways, I knew there was no way I was going to stop and I didn't want it to stop." Her eyes went watery. "So I got scared...and...left. I left my family, my husband, and my daughter...and now she's...she's..."

Veronica wasn't the exact bad guy I pictured, her story isn't justifiable but it's something I'd do too in her shoes. Maybe that's why Roxanne has such a Dominant complex, she's been harboring a submissive inside of her and she's been fighting it. 

I sighed, then placed my hand on hers. "Veronica we'll find her, I promise you."

"Who knew the enemy was hidden in plain sight," She said, rubbing her eyes. 

My eyebrows went up. "What?"

"Sorry it's something I heard, and it fits this perfectly." Finally Veronica smiled, then let out a relieved sigh.

I nodded. "Okay then."

*****

Today Detective Martinez set up a meeting at Louis's house again, he wanted to speak to all of us and catch us up on the situation. So I went next door, and prepared myself for the worst because that's all there is to comfort me. Being prepared.

I'm optimistic, but sometimes the realist in me decides to be a dick and come out when I don't need him.

Everyone was already in the living room, Louis and Martinez were seated on the small couch, James was leaning against the window, and of course Armstrong was standing against the kitchen door-way again. I stood next to James, and Martinez greeted me with a nod then cleared his throat.

"Alright, Armstrong has found out something about Parker Lombardo. Care to share Armstrong?" Martinez said, raising his eyebrows.

Armstrong stared at Martinez, then said. "He died, a very long time ago."