30

"Noah, is that? Is that an alligator?! Holy shit. Run!" she screamed and let go of Noah. Noah sprinted out of the lake, yelling like a little girl.

Emma looked at him for a moment and then burst out laughing. That laugh, it made him forgets everything. His heart melted and his ears were dying to hear that sound.

"You lied to me." He shrieked. She nodded whilst laughing.

He stomped towards her and she moved backwards. "Noah, don't even think of it! Its fucking freezing!" but it was too late.

Noah was back in the lake and he picked her up bridal style, her thrashing was useless against his huge body. He grinned evilly and once again threw them together in the water.

It was chilly water and it hit their skin with pressure. They held their breathes as Noah's hand slipped in Emma's. It was a perfect fit. They felt alive, may it be in freezing water. Coming up, they laughed like crazy maniacs, Emma clinging to Noah the whole time. She felt alive, safe and happy. She didn't feel like she was drowning.

He tightened his grip around her, never wanting to let go. They chest vibrated with bubbly laughs as they held each other.

After they calmed down, Noah carried her out of the water and they sat on the grass. They were flowers blooming, spring was near. She smiled at his cheesiness; he had plucked a flower and put it in her wet hair.

Later, they went inside and sat in front of the fireplace, each wrapped in their blankets. Emma had prepared hot chocolate for them and brought out a packet of cookies she had packed with her.

Noah, as always, wriggled his way to Emma and laid his head on her shoulder. She chuckled and sipped her hot chocolate.

"Are you a magnet? Because I'm attracted to you." Noah tried and Emma choked on her cookie. After that she burst out laughing.

"Are you trying pick up lines on me?" she looked at him. "Yeah. Now shut up and listen."

"If nothing lasts forever, will you be my nothing?" he tried again. She gave him a are-you-fucking-serious look.

"Do you play soccer? Because you're a keeper!" she grinned.

"Kiss me if I'm wrong, but dinosaurs still exist, right?" this time, she blushed and he grinned.

"Keep smiling, you look cute." He complimented. And she turned crimson red and slapped his arm in annoyance, hiding her face in the blanket.