17

Emma's POV

It was raining outside and I felt like baking my favorite cookie cake. Wanted. It was around 8 pm so I decided to shower first. After a long and steamy shower, I wore a tank top that just came before my stomach and shorts, for sleeping, after I'm done baking.

I descended down the stairs, into the kitchen and took out all the ingredients that were needed to make my favorite cookie cake.

After mixing the batter and throwing in a handful of chocolate chips, I poured the mixtures into the baking pan and set it in the oven. I started cleaning the kitchen and hummed to my favorite song- all falls down by Alan walker ft. Noah Cyrus.

Suddenly, I heard the back door shut. I was alone in the house and I was dead sure about that. Did someone break in? What do I do?! Jesus! I grabbed the baseball bat from behind the refrigerator and tip toed to the back door to see it was locked. Huh? Am I hearing things? I guess so...

I looked around to see that everything was clear. That's when I heard banging. Loud banging. What is going on?! Is this some prank?!

A hand slipped around my bare waist and I shrieked at the sudden touch, but my voice came out muffled because someone had put their hand on my mouth. Am I getting kidnapped? Wow. My poor cookie cake! It'll burn the house down if I leave it open!

"Listen girl, I need you to co operate with me. There are some guys after me and we need to hide, right now. And please drop that baseball bat, it's creeping me out." That voice is so fucking familiar!

I bit on his hand and whisper yelled, "Noah! What on earth are you doing?! Are you crazy?! You scared the living hell out of me!" He looked down at me in shock and relief, "Thank God, it's you! Look Maddy is after me, again! You need to help me! Plus, he's after you too. We need to hide! Hurry!" He hissed.

"Hide? Umm yeah, we can hide in my closet! Let's go!" We ran to my room and locked the door, and then we went into my hidden closet that only observant people could find. Noah looked at me impressed and I smirked.

"Come on, you dipshit." He scowled and followed me inside the tiny closet that could have the one of us sit. We hastily got inside and locked it from inside.

"What the hell are you doing in my house?!" I yelled at him.

He scratched the back of his neck and countered, "Like I said, I was running from Maddy! And this was the nearest place to hide! And I found you."

We heard a crash from outside and I gave Noah a bitch look, "They will destroy my house!" He raised his hands in surrender and I glared at him.

The closet was small and I wanted to sit! My legs were killing me! "Pft. Noah?" I whispered.

"What?" He grunted.

"I want to sit, my legs are killing me!" I whined.

"Ok... So what do I do?" He replied nonchalantly. This moron!

He sat on the floor of the closet and urged me to sit on his lap. What? He needs a doctor. "Come sit, my queen." He ordered with a hint of sarcasm in his voice. Idiot.

Huffing, I sat on his lap and I felt my dress was real inappropriate for this.

"You know you have soft skin, like a baby." He commented, smirking.

"Stop! I feel uncomfortable! You dumbass. I hate you so much." I complained as a blush crept up my neck and cheeks.

"The feelings mutual, babe." He shrugged.

"You know what I feel doing to you? I feel like- oomph!" My voice was muffled by his hand and hushed me. There was someone outside. One of his hand slid on my bare waist and sent shivers down my back. His grip tightened as he listened what was going on outside.

"He's not here, boss. Maybe he left?" A guy said.

"Yeah. Let's go." The other one, the boss, replied.

We heard the door slam shut and we breathed a sigh of relief. When I remembered, my fucking cookies!

I jumped out of Noah's lap and ran downstairs to see that I was just on time. Noah followed me down, shooting me weird looks.

"Thank God! My babies are fine." I took them out and laid them on a plate.

"Would you like some?" I offered them to Noah. Yeah, I may be a bitch but like I'm decent too. Maybe.

"Hell yes! I'm starving." I chuckled and served him the cookie cake. "These are so tasty. My grandmother made these. It's been so long." I looked at him with sad eyes. His grams topic must be hard for him, just like me. At least, his wasn't murdered. Yours wasn't too. Shut up. It was an accident. Oh god.

"I'm sorry. That was irrelevant." He mumbled.

"Hey, wanna come with?" He asked. Why are we acting like we're friends? We are enemies. Kind of.

"Where to?" I asked, out of curiosity.

"Race." He replied.

"I don't know. It's late and it's dangerous." I uttered.

He scoffed. "Dangerous. You handled guns and that was easy peasy. Yeah right. Ok so if I tell you a secret, then will you come with me?" He grinned. He's such a freak! A cute one though! I'm crazy!

"Why do you want to take me? You'd have a number of girls after you. And what am I? Two?" I taunted.

"I... I... I don't know." He huffed. "Come on! I'm telling you a secret!"

"Ok fine."

"Well... you see... I'mstorm." He rushed out. What?

"Might wanna go slowly this time, mister."

"I'm storm. The racer." He stated and I choked on my cookie cake. What?!