o30.

Andrea nervously paced back and forth cursing herself for not sticking to the plan and killing Paris too soon. Paranoia took over her as she thought of the possibility that maybe someone had heard the gunshots and were going to call the police. I honestly doubted it, though. I mean, of course somebody heard the gunshots, but this the hood! Around here gunshots being heard are just about equivalent as door bells being rang.

A sinister smile appeared on Andrea's face as she stared at Paris's lifeless body. "Now that Paris is finally out of the way I have no reason to keep you around," Andrea whispered as she struck me across the face with the gun causing blood to spew from the wound. "Say hello to my mother for me when I send you to meet yours, bitch!"

     This is it, I thought to myself. It was my time to go. Memories from my childhood to present began to flash before my eyes. Tears began to escape as I saw what would have been the delivery of my baby and the smile on my father and Rakim's face. My father and Rakim. I was happy that I was at least able to tell them both I loved them the last time I saw them. I saw Y'hana, Sj, and Hayleigh. I had finally gotten the family I yearned for as a child, but all of that is about to be taken away from me. Lastly, I saw Clay. Maybe it was a part of God's will for Clay, Jumpy, and I to be a family in heaven. Maybe that's what He wanted all along. I closed my eyes tightly and said my final prayers. For the first time in the past few months I was at complete peace with the world. No problems or drama; just pure peace. It was my time to go.

     I stared her in her eyes as she wrapped her fingers around the trigger of her 9mm. Although I was afraid, I wouldn't dare let it show. I wanted my last seconds here on earth to be my bravest.

She tugged at the trigger as she grinned mouthing "bye", but nothing happened. She pulled once again only to receive the same results.

"The fuck wrong with my gun?" was all she was able to say before we were interrupted by three gunshots sounding off outside the door.

What sounded like a body thudded against the outside wall of the apartment as we heard three more gunshots fire back in retaliation. "Sevyn! Sevyn! Be strong man we got to get Harlem. Don't die on me man!" I heard a voice similar to Rakim's yell.

Sevyn? My daddy? Dead?

     Before I was able to process anything mentally, Rakim kicked the door down and wasted no time drawing his gun on Andrea and pulling the trigger twice sending her body crashing to the floor. He had blood oozing out of his left shoulder, signaling he had been hit. As soon as the gun that Andrea held into her hands hit the floor it unjammed causing two bullets to pierce through my skin—one through my ankle and the other through my knee.

My body began to burn as Rakim held me in his arms and police officers piled into the room. "STAY WITH ME HARLEM! PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME BABY! I love you baby, PLEASE!" he screamed, rocking me back and forth.

"I-I-I love you too, Rakim," I mumbled softly. "It burns, baby. Don't let me die." My heart rate increased and dropped before I felt my eyes roll to the back of head.

"Harlem!" I heard a crying Rakim scream, but it was too late. The darkness had already taken over me.

.

.