o2O.

My grandma always told me that everyone has skeletons in their closet, but I never really understood what she meant due to me being so young. Now that I have skeletons of my own, I know exactly what she means. I didn't tell Rakim or anyone about HGS is next being craved into Clay's flesh. The thought alone is slowly driving me insane. I never want to be alone. If Rakim leaves the house, I go with him or over to Andrea's. Even if he goes to the bathroom I'm lingering around the door. I don't feel comfortable being alone anymore even though I used to be so used to it. Constantly I'm wondering when my time is going to finally come.

     Looking down at my stomach reveals my second skeleton. The only people that know about the baby is me, Rakim, Andrea, Clay's family, and the doctors. I knew my father be disappointed, but he deserved to know. I called Mr. Tutuola and scheduled a visit for Rakim and me to see my Dad.

     Since I was further out than normal, the drive to the jail was much longer than usual. Rakim and I made small talk and listened to music whole in route. Once we made in to the jail we followed the normal procedure—go through the metal detectors, a minimal pat search, then get in the bus to be transported to the visitation area. As usual, Shawn was here checking IDs. Today he was the least of my worries and if he knew like I knew he'd keep conversation between us to a minimum.

"IDs please?" he asked with an attitude. Rakim handed him his and I followed. He nearly yanked my arm off when he snatched the ID out if my hand.

"Yo, my man, you be careful how you handle this one. I'd hate for you to have a tragic ending all over some petty ass IDs and a bad attitude," Rakim scoffed as he roughly grabbed the IDs back.

     Rakim's voice was cold and harsh, scaring Shawn's punk ass shitless.  I politely smiled and walked away. The jail was extra crowed today, causing a hold up on visitation. I was anxious to go in and get this over with.

"Everything gone be ok Harlem," Rakim ensured me as we sat in the waiting area of the jail. Gently, he massaged my jumping leg in an attempt to calm me down.

"Santino? Mayers?" the lady called out, cueing us that it was our time to go to the back.

     Instantly my Dad and I locked eyes. A smile crept upon his face bright enough to light up a building as I walked towards him. My palms were sweaty and my heart was racing. When I got closer to the table his smile vanished. He stared intensely at my body, studying every feature of my frame. Tears welled up in his eyes as he opened his mouth to speak then closed it abruptly. His eyes searched mine for answers; answers that I wasn't ready to give. He looked at me, Rakim, then back at me.

"Harlem," his voice drifted off and he cleared his throat, "after all we've talked about. How hard I told you it was to raise you. How could you?" The look in his eyes tore me apart.

"Daddy I-I'm sorry," I sobbed. I reached to hold his hand, but he snatched it away.

"I LEFT A VIRGIN!" he yelled. "YOU WAIT UNTIL I COME IN HERE TO GET BUCKWILD?!" His own tears were spurring by now. This was the second time in my 18 years of living that I've ever seen my father cry; the first was my grandma's funeral.

"C'mon Sevyn man, let's be rational. Harlem already going through enough with the baby and all. We need to-"

"AND YOU," he directed towards Rakim, "I TRUSTED YOU, NIGGA, WITH EVERYTHING AND-"

"Daddy, Rakim is my boyfriend, but this is not his baby!" Wait, that didn't come out in the way I intended.

More hurt and anger surfaced on his face. "So you've just turned into a little whore?" he asked coldly.

"DADDY!"

"Get the fuck out of here, Harlem....and don't come back." After those harsh words, he stood up and walked away.

     In all of my life my father has never spoken to me so roughly. I didn't know what had came over him. An ache consumed my chest as I realized I had hurt my father so badly. All my life I have done everything in my power to make him happy, because he was such a great father and friend to me. It hurts to have that all flushed down the toilet.