o21.

Happiness. What is it truly? How does it feel? What does one have to do to gain it? Or better yet—what does one have to do to have it taken away?

     Once upon a time I was happy, but slowly I was stripped of my happiness. Thinking about my baby makes me happy, then reality sets in—his or her's father is dead and grandfather is in jail. The unborn's mother is a confused teen who's unloved by her father and in love with a man who has his own problems. It's really and truly time for me to get my life together, because in almost five months this baby will be here, and I don't want to raise my child in this confusion.

"I thought I'a find you in here," Rakim spoke, referring to the kitchen, as he kissed my lips. "Why you up so early?"

I shrugged. "I don't know. Just couldn't sleep."

"Aww baby what's wrong?" Rakim asked, pulling me into his arms.

"Rakim I've never had a mother or motherly figure in my life; what if I'm not a good mom? What if I fail my baby as a parent? What if-"

"Harlem we could what if until we blue in the face. I know you gone be a good mama and you should too. This parenting thing is new to both of us, so we gone have to teach each other along the way. Everything gone be aight. Don't worry about nothing, ok?"

"Ok Rakim," I smiled and kissed his lips. "I love yo uglass."

"The fuck outta here, I'm a pretty mothafucka." He said chuckling. "But I love you too. What you got planned for today?"

"Andrea and I are going baby shopping, but that won't be until the sun goes down, because big girl can't take the heat." I giggled and he laughed. "Why wassup?"

"I was thinking maybe you could go with us to the appointment?" He asked confidently, referring to Trisha's doctor appointment.

I tilted my head to the side and looked at him like somebody smeared shit all over his face. "You playin' right?"

"Nah, I'm serious. I want you to be a part of this." Rakim pulled me close to him and seductively licked my lips.

"Ok, I'll go, but this ain't no invitation for her to come to mines, because she's not." I replied seriously.

He chuckled. "Just get dressed. And Harlem?"

"Yes?"

"Promise me and the baby you'll on your best behavior."

"Rakim-"

"Promise," he whispered onto my neck and bit it gently. His cool breath sent a chill up my spin and condensation between my legs.

"I pr-pr-promise," I purred back. These pregnancy hormones keep me horny as fuck, and Rakim always uses it against me.

"Freakass," he chuckled then smacked my ass. "Go get dressed."

"I will not put on anything until you finish what you started."

"Oh yeah?" He asked meshing his eyebrows together, then picked me up and carried me into the room.

     After Rakim and I made love, we got into the shower together. About thirty minutes later, we both got out and went our separate ways to get dressed. Though we sleep in the same room, all of his stuff is in another room simply because we both got too much shit.

     I lotioned my body down and put on a pair of white leggings, a black spaghetti strapped under shirt, a red hoodie that read Sorry, We Outchea in white letters, and my red Jordan 4s. I let my bone straight hair flow freely down my back and tied a black bandana around it. I walked into the living to find Rakim dressed in some beige skinny jeans, a black A$VP hoodie, and a pair of black and white Jordan 4s. He kissed my cheek, grabbed my hand, and led me to the car.