o18.

"Aww, yes Rakim. Righ there."

"That feel better baby?"

"Mmmmm, yessss." I moaned from the pleasure.

Rakim kissed my lips and continued to massage my chubby feet. They were swollen well beyond normal size and I no longer had ankles. I am officially three months pregnant and things were going amazing. Rakim doesn't stay out all times of the night and he's hella attentive. I actually believe that this baby brought us closer together. It seems like my tummy is growing a mile a minute. In my opinion I'm way too big to be only three months, but the doctor says everything is fine and my baby is healthy. Camille, Clay's mom, calls and checks up on me regularly. Neither have us or anyone else have heard anything from Clay.

"Harlem you gotta stay off your feet so much, I ain't massaging these crusty ass toes no more."

I laughed and plucked him upside his head. "You know you like playing with my feet. Aren't these the cutest little toesies you've ever saw?" I said wiggling my toes in his face.

"Righhhht," he replied mugging me. "Anyways, I ran into Andrea yesterday at the gas station when I was on my way back home. She said she missed and wants to see you. Here go her number."

I took the crumpled up slip of paper out of Rakim's hand and stared at it. Lately Rakim is my only friend, and don't get me wrong, I love being with Rakim, but I'd love some female company. I texted Andrea and we texted back and forth for an hour. She asked me to meet her at the outlet on Harvey Mitchell. I agreed and went to go take a shower.

When I got out of the shower, I put on a mint colored high-low dress that had gold trim and a gold chain belt. I only wear stretchy clothes or dresses, because anything else would cause Rakim to have a fit. I pulled out my gold Versace sandals and gold accessories. I put my hair into a neat donut bun and tied a ribbon around it. I grabbed my oversized Versace sunglasses, matching bag, phone and car keys and got ready to go.

"Have fun, but don't go overboard." Rakim said then kissed my lips and stomach. "Love y'all. See you later."

"We love you too Daddy Rock. Ttyl." I blew a kiss to him and left.

About an hour and thirty minutes later I pulled up in front of the sub shop Andrea asked me to meet her at.

"Omg! Look at this belly and that glow! You look amazing li'Rican." Andrea exclaimed, hugging me tight.

I hugged back and kissed her cheek. "Thanks boo, you do too! How've you been?"

"Girl, same oh same oh. College and work. The boring life. You want to grab something to eat big baby?"

"Damn, I always look hungry!" We laughed and walked into the sub shop.

Andrea and I ate and talked for hours about everything. It felt good to have another set of ears to open up to. I vented to her about the Clay situation, and how the baby wasn't Rakim's. I told her about Y'hana and my younger siblings. Everything. She always has offered the best advice. It felt good to have Andrea back in my corner. We were having so much fun, that we decided to catch a movie before going back home.

"Hey baby," I said kissing Rakim's lips when I walked through the front door. "Sorry I'm late, me and Andrea went to the movies."

"It's cool," he replied unenthusiastically.

He stood up walked towards me, embracing me tight. I hugged him back and ran my fingers through his French braids. "Everything ok, Rakim?"

"It's Trisha, Harlem. She pregnant and she say it's mine," he whispered displaying a stunned expression.

"Pregnant? Wow. Oh. Um, congratulations." I said faking a smile.

"Do you really mean that?" Rakim asked furrowing his eyebrows together.

"Yes, I know how much you wanted to be a father."

"Yeah..."

Something was off about him. I couldn't tell if he was shocked about the news or nervous as if there were other parts to this story that he ain't telling me. Instantly I began thinking that maybe she got pregnant before me and Rakim made it official, but in reality they could still be fucking! I decided to press on.

"Wait a minute," I cocked my head to the side and folded my arms across my chest. "How far along is she, Rakim?" I asked as calm as I could trying to fight back tears.

"What?" He asked dumbfoundedly.

"You heard me! HOW FUCKING FAR ALONG IS SHE?!" I shouted now holding my stomach as tears rolled down my face.

"She ain't say, why does it matter?"

"Because nigga we been together for two and a half months, so if she anywhere under about 12 weeks then I know where you been spending yo nights at!"

"Harlem calm down. All this hyping up, acting stupid, and jumping to conclusions ain't good for the baby. Just chill," Rakim stated as he walked towards me trying to wrap his arms around my waist.

"Rakim don't fucking play with me and answer my question! HOW FAR ALONG IS SHE?!"

"So what? You think I'm fuckin' around on you? You don't trust me?" He sounded really hurt and I truly felt bad, but at the end of the day I gotta know.

"You know what? Fuck it! I'm going to bed....ALONE!"

I stormed into the room and locked the door behind me. I laid on the bed and stared blankly at the ceiling fan allowing my thoughts to run wild. Honestly, I wasn't at all mad that Trisha was pregnant for Rakim. At most I was happy that she was able to give him something that I couldn't right now. I was more concerned with the fact that maybe, just maybe, since she's having his baby he'd want her instead of me. That might seem like the pettiest thing to think about at a time like this, but I don't care. I have loved Rakim since we were little kids. I surely didn't want to lose him, but I didn't want to strain him from taking care of his own blood to be with a kid that isn't even his. At this point I'm putting it all in God's hands. Whatever God has for me is only for me.

"HARLEM! OPEN UP! HURRY THIS IS SERIOUS!" Rakim screamed and banged heavily at the door, almost knocking it off the hinges. I swung the door open and he rushed past me and hurried to the TV. A picture of Clay popped up on the news channel. Tears clouded my vision before I even heard the words.

"...New York police said they are investigating a homicide after a dead body was found in a car on east side of New York.

Around 12:15pm on Wednesday, police responded to Michael Ramos near East Elsinore Boulevard. They were told a fluid believed to be gas was leaking from a vehicle.

Once police got to the scene, they found a body covered with a sheet in the backseat of the car. It turns out that the fluid was coming from the dead body, according to EMS. The body was severely burned and traumatized.

A witness who lives in the neighborhood told police that the car had been sitting there for four to five days. According to police, it appears the car was driven to this location and dumped.

Police said the victim has been identified as twenty year old Clayton Jacobs.

Police are still investigating, and no further information is available right now."

-

Andrea in MM >