o14.

"C'mon, we gotta get you outta you here! This place ain't safe no more!" he said pulling me in the direction of his car.

     It was funny how I was instructed to find Rakim by my father, but when I called his phone the number was no longer in service

It was funny how I was instructed to find Rakim by my father, but when I called his phone the number was no longer in service. Honestly, from that point on I thought I didn't need him. Something in my mind was telling me not to trust him.

"No Rakim," I said snatching my arm back. "I can't go with you, I have to do this on my own."

"Harlem, this is nonsense ass talk girl!" He shouted in an agitated manor. "You really don't understand what you up against. Everybody coming up missing out the blue and shit. This situation is bigger than you, and you can't do it alone!"

Tears rushed down my face when he said "everybody coming up missing out the blue". It reminded me of the dream I had had about Clay. Was I the reason Clay left—or went missing? Nothing really made any sense to me anymore. At that point I was trapped between listening to my intuition and not trusting Rakim and trusting my father and knowing Rakim was who I needed to help me.

Rakim grabbed me into his arms and held me tight. "It's okay, Harlem. I know it's hard out here, especially when you don't really know who's for you or against you. Just let me protect you. This shit is hectic out here."

His words brought me to a realization that seeing him here tonight was destiny. I felt as if God had given my fears to Rakim in order to help me understand everything was going to be okay and that I could trust him.

"But I have to go out to Staten Island. My Dad ordered." I mumbled in his chest while still crying.

"Then I'll go with you, if that's cool with your Pops. I don't want you to be alone. Where's your car? I'll trail behind you."

Rakim drove me up the block to my car, then followed me out Staten Island. The ride was long and the whole time I was wondering whether or not I was making the right decision. I know I can trust Rakim, he's never given me a reason not to—but neither did Paris, Clay, or Y'hana. I have to play this situation out smart, and this time I am not going against the promise I made to myself.