oO3.

The next day was a total waste of week space. The judge refused to see my dad, because it was a Sunday and I was not allowed to see him, because he was still in holding. I was depressed beyond reasonable measures. Ferg had gotten the door fixed on the brownstone and Brando and Ju offered to stay there with me.

     With my dad in jail I didn't know what my next move should be. We had always discussed what I should do if he was ever indicted on drug charges, but who would have known that he'd be going down murder. To make matters worse it was the murder of Uncle Joey. Joey and my dad were like brothers. There was no doubt in my mind that somebody else murdered him and pinned it on my father.

     My daddy was a man who valued loyalty and Uncle Joey had been nothing but loyal for 30 plus years. Their friendship meant a lot to my dad. Uncle Joey would never give my dad a reason to want to kill him or even want him dead.

     Another thing that bothered me was the fact that I hadn't talked to Paris. It seemed like the night after the party she had fallen off the face of the earth. I had called, texted, and even went by her house, but still hadn't heard from her. My mind was clouded with all the possible "what ifs". The one that haunted me the most constantly replayed throughout my mind—What if she was walking home from the party alone and someone abducted her. It was a little far-fetched, but in today's society anything is possible. A part of me felt guilty. I felt like had I asked her why she was upset at the party, we could have amended things and walked home together. It's too late for that now.

      In the midst of all my problems, some woman keeps calling my phone talking about she's my stepmom and wants me to come live with her while my dad dealt with these legal issues. I placed her number on the block list after the second time she called. I didn't believe her none whatsoever. Plenty of hoes tried to pin babies on my daddy and in my eyes she was no different.

     Needless to say; the day that should have been the best of my life turned out to be the worst. I should've spent the day clowning with my friends and accepting countless gifts. I should have been riding around the city in my new Ferrari with my best friend. Instead I was in my room crying my eyes out and trying to come up with a plan to free my dad.

Happy fucking 18th birthday to me!

*

     I sat on the sofa in the family room resting my knees under my chin, contemplating a plan. I hadn't eaten or slept since they took my dad to jail. It was just too much to bear. I felt alone, even with the company of Ju and Brando. I was so deep in thought I didn't notice Brando and Ju had entered the room until Brando snapped his fingers in my face.

"Stop stressin' yourself lil homie, we gone clear ya pops name. We know he ain't done shit. Right Ju?" Brando asked looking at Ju who just sat there, fumbling with his phone. "Right nigga?" Brando asked again, tapping his leg this time.

"Yeah man, we gone get him" he replied with a smirk.

     I didn't like his reply. Something about his demeanor concerned me. First of all, he knew my dad had gone to jail far before I or Ferg had told him. I know damn well he wasn't Pops' first call. Secondly, his behavior was suspicious. Yesterday I caught him in my dad's room and when I asked him what he was doing he pointed a loaded gun at me. He then laughed like the shit was funny. He tried to justify himself by saying he was trying to "rid the house of illegal content". I didn't believe that shit and knew I was definitely gone keep my eye on his grimy ass!