oO9.

Early the next morning I called Y'hana and told her about the conversation with my Dad. She told me she'd be happy to have me and sent me a text with directions to her house. I packed up all the things that I needed the most, because there was no way I could take all of my stuff. I took my Dad's Maserati to the parking garage we owned and caught the bus back to our brownstone. I loaded my car with boxes and put Y'hana's address into my GPS.

After traveling for an hour, I arrived at Y'hana's apartment. I knocked nervously on the door for and waited for at least three minutes before Y'hana and two children came to answered it. Their smiles were welcoming and they all pulled me in a tight hug. Tears began to pour down my face.

"Aww, don't cry sweetie. You're among family. We love you and had been dying to meet you! We're happy to have you Harlem." Y'hana whispered in my ear. The boy grabbed my bags and the little girl grabbed my hands and led me into the house.

 The boy grabbed my bags and the little girl grabbed my hands and led me into the house

Y'hana was a pretty lady, not looking a day over 25 even though she was 32. She had flawless brown skin, brown slanted eyes, and a nice shape. I could see why my Dad was attracted to her. She worked as a registered nurse at a local nursing home. Her apartment was small compared to the brownstone my father and I shared. It had three bedrooms, two bathrooms, and a small kitchen and living area compacted into a tiny space. It was, however, decorated beautifully with tasteful and classy furnishings.

     I shared a room with my five year old baby sister, Hayleigh

I shared a room with my five year old baby sister, Hayleigh. Her room was decorated in pink and purple princess decor, and it was absolutely adorable. Other than her having her mother's dark skin, Hayleigh looked just like me. She had the long, curly, sandy brown hair I had as a child before corrupting it with dye and other chemicals. Her skin had a soft copper flow to it that matched perfectly with her big brown eyes. Like myself, Hayleigh was small for her age and smart. I saw so much of me in her.

     Sevyn Jr, Sj, was my fourteen year old little brother

Sevyn Jr, Sj, was my fourteen year old little brother. He was an exact replica of my father. I thought that I looked just like my Dad, but he had me beat. Sj was tall, with light skin, sandy brown curly hair, and hazel eyes—needless to say he was a heartbreaker. He could easily be mistaken for sixteen, because of his mature appearance. He was very athletic and played every single sport one could think of. His true passion belonged to basketball though.

I was instantly attached to these two children, as they were to me, and irate with my Dad for keeping them a secret. I felt like I missed out on so much of their lives. Over the weeks that passed, we had bonded and gotten to know each other better. I truly cherished every moment we spent together.

-

Y'hana , Sj , and Hayleigh in MM >