o22.

There I was standing at the kitchen sink washing dishes in a pair of pink boy shorts and a white sports bra that exposed my huge belly when Rakim wrapped his arms around my waist and placed small kisses on my neck, sucking and biting it roughly. He led a trail of kisses starting at the crook of my neck, down my spine, and ending at the hem of my shorts before turning me around and staring deeply into my eyes.

"I love you," he whispered sincerely, then hungrily kissed my lips as his fingers wondered inside of my shorts.

     Moans danced off my lips and into his ears as he stuck two fingers inside of me and massaged my clit. Slowly, he removed my shorts. Never breaking our eye contact, he picked me up, and inserted his penis inside of me. I wrapped my arms and legs around his body as he thrusted in and out of me and moaned at the pleasure.

"I love you....I love you," he whispered softly in my ear and pinned me against the wall.

     He pounded in and out of me, causing me to scream out. Without falling out, he carried me to the bedroom and laid me down gently. We both came in unison. He kissed me passionately on and around my mouth. Shortly after, we both fell asleep.

     That was two weeks ago, three days after we broke up, and I haven't seen Rakim since then. I felt stupid for just letting him come in, fuck me, then leave. Reality and these pregnancy hormones together caused me to be so depressed that Andrea had to come to keep me content.

"Wake up baby mama. You know you got a doctor's appointment in two hours and it takes you forever to get dressed!" Andrea exclaimed, shaking me roughly.

"Nooo," I whined, "go away!"

"Come on girl hell, today we find out what's in that oven!" My mood instantly changed. Today is the day I find out what I'm having, and that made me excited. Fuck Rakim. Today is about me and my prince or princess. I kicked the covers off of me with a smile. "I knew that would get you up. Get dressed, I'll make breakfast." Andrea replied, walking out of the room.

      I got out of the bed, walked into the bathroom and took a twenty minute shower, washed my face, and brushed by teeth. I lotioned my body down and decided to wear black, ripped jeggings, a long sleeved blue jeaned shirt with gold studs on the collar and sleeves, and my tan Timberland boots. I parted my hair down the middle and placed big curls in it. Keeping my makeup simple, I applied midnight blue MAC lipstick and a mild amount of eye shadow. I took a few Instagram pictures, then retreated to the kitchen. After Andrea and I ate a breakfast that consisted of sausage, biscuits, eggs, and fruit, we were off to the doctor's office.

"Good morning, Harlem. How are you and the baby?" my doctor, Dr. Ramunos asked.

"We're good. This little one has been very active lately."

He smiled. "Ah, that's common at this stage. Now, have you taken your vitamins, blood pressure, and anemia medicines regularly?"

"Yes," I replied honestly.

"And your stress level?"

"I'm trying my best to keep it down."

     He took my height, weight, blood pressure, and temperature, then told me to lay down on the table. My heart began to beat rapidly as a big smile spread across my face. This is it. This is the moment. Andrea held on to my hand, her facial expression matching mine. As Dr. Ramunos rubbed the cool gel on my stomach, the door opened.

"Am I too late? Did y'all already find out the gender?" an out of breath Rakim rambled. "I got here as quick as I could."

"No, you are right on time Rakim. Have a seat." Dr. Ramunos stated, as he roamed my stomach with the probe.

     Rakim sighed relief and took a seat beside Andrea. I rolled my eyes and focused my attention back on the screen.

My baby's body popped up on the screen, causing tears of joy to cloud my vision. "He looks like he's smiling," I cooed.

"Yes, yes he does. Congratulations Ms. Santino, it's a boy!" Dr. Ramunos cheered.

     Andrea and Rakim began cheering and spitting out baby names, but I was too excited for words. This little guy is perfect. Not even in this world yet, and he's everything to me. I stared at my stomach and smiled so hard that the corners of my mouth began to cramp. I felt my baby kick, causing he to look at the screen. Maybe I was hallucinating, but it looked like he winked at me. My heart warmed. At that moment I knew everything was going to be alright.

     Dr. Ramunos printed out the ultrasound photos and placed them into a baby blue envelope with a lace bow. Rakim kept trying to talk to me, but I was resistant. After getting my next appointment date and a refill slip on my meds, I was ready to go. I hopped off the bed and walked out the room towards the exit.

"Harlem! Harlem! Wait up!" Rakim called out, but I kept walking. "Come here," he reached to grab my arm, but I yanked it away. "You look beautiful. Glowing and shit."

"Oh shut the fuck up. Why are you even here?" I asked as tears threatened to drop from my eyes.

"I wouldn't miss being here today for a million dollars. Today means just as much to me as it does to you." He smiled and pulled me close into his chest. "And besides; I miss you."

He is unfuckingbelieveable. "Bye Rakim," I stated, attempting to push pass him and get in the car with Andrea, but his grip on my waist was too tight. "Let me go so I can leave!"

"Nah man, not until you talk to me."

I was so disgusted with his presence, that I slapped his ass so hard it could be heard in Mars. The nerve of this motherfucker. "Talk to you about what? Missing me? Do you really miss me or do you just want to fuck me again and disappear like you did two weeks ago? Please share, 'cause I'm a little confused!"

He flexed his jaw and stared into my eyes. "I deserved that. I know that was fucked up, Harlem. Ion know what I was thinking that day, but I do know doing that only fucked up my chances of getting you back. I love you, Harlem, and I'm in love with you. I don't want to be with nobody else, but you. I haven't been fucking with nobody, so get that out ya head. I'm ready for us to be a family again, Harlem; me, you, and the baby."

I stared into his eyes and noticed the tears that rolled down his cheek, causing a few of my own to fall. So many emotions flowed through my body. My heart and my mind couldn't agree on what to do at this moment—

Should I take him back?

Does he really deserve me?

Is he being sincere or is all of this just game?

I just don't know...