sixteen.

phil

phil glared at him, rubbing at his hair with the towel and shaking his head. "you could have gotten us in so much trouble, dan."

dan shrugged. he still had that stupid smug grin on his face. "it's not that big of a deal."

"yes it is!" phil insisted. "it's a really big deal. have you met my parents? they'll give me hell for this for months."

dan shrugged again and tugged his shirt off over his head, the muscles in his stomach and shoulders shifting. phil swallowed hard.

"they'll get over it. isn't it a good thing?" he made a soft grunting noise, setting the filthy shirt down on the counter. "you're messing around with the homeless boy with a tragic backstory. most people would eat that shit up."

phil hated to admit it, but he was right. his parents would either disown him (and he hadn't gotten any angry phone calls yet), or embrace it. they were odd that way. he grumbled and looked away. "whatever."

dan hummed softly. "can i borrow a shirt...?"

phil blushed but nodded, leaving to find something for him. he came back with a red polo shirt, holding it out for him. he took it gratefully and pulled it on.

jesus. he looked pretty cute in rich kid clothes.

phil quickly shook off that thought, rolling his eyes. he was clearly delirious.

"besides," dan said, looking at himself in the mirror and scrunching his nose. "you had fun, didn't you?"

phil watched him for a second, chewing on his lip. he had had fun... and what was the last time he had done that? like, really done that? phil couldn't even remember.

"whatever," he mumbled again. "i'm still covered in food."

dan grinned and spun around, touching phil's chest, to phil's pure surprise. his eyes were sparkling mischievously and it made phil's insides twist.

"a mess is temporary," he whispered, his fingers traveling up the center of phil's chest to grip the collar of his shirt. "joy can last you days."

he let go, turning to grab his dirty clothes and fold them up neatly. his hair was still damp and messy but it didn't seem to bother him. phil blinked, staring at him.

"who are you?" he asked finally, shaking off his shock. "and what did you do with grumpy, annoying dan?"

dan just laughed, turning toward him, still smiling. "i am dan," he replied, pushing past him. "i don't think we've met."

-

hi i'm literally just stalling before the drama