The Fun Begins

Ashley's POV

Walking into the strip club was everything I expected. Girls on poles, naked. Girls walking around with money in their underwear. Guy's and girls scattered throughout the place, mostly guys. I turn to look at Adam whose eyes are big. He grabs Alesa's hand and we walk down to a table by one of the poles. 

"Wow, um." Adam starts to sweat. "Are you sure? What if one of the, you know. What if they take me? Or show me things?" 

"Just don't touch them." Alesa smiles at him. Adam brings his chair closer to Alesa's and a half dressed waitress comes over to us. 

"Hi guys! Would you like any drinks or dancers?" She smiles at us and brushes my shoulder with her hand. 

"Me and her will have strawberry margarita's" Louise points at me and then turns to Alesa and Adam. 

"I'll have a lime margarita and he'll take a beer." Alesa smiles at her. 

"Awesome. And the girls?"

"No girls, not yet." I smile at her. She winks at me and wanders off back up to the bar. 

"I need to pee." Adam gets up and rushes into the bathroom, trying not to make contact with any of the girls. Once he's gone, Louise gets closer to Alesa.

"I can't believe you actually let Adam come in here with us. I don't think I could have Jerome in here with me."

"Yeah, same with Mitch-" I stop. I look down at my engagement ring. "Shit!" I pull out my phone and see three text messages from Mitch. 

Mitch: Hey! Just got home from the hospital. Jerome and Mat went to a bar and I told them I would catch up later. Ready to Skype? <3

Mitch: Ash? 

Mitch: Can I call you? Where you at? :/

"What's wrong?" Alesa looks over at me before answering Louise. 

"I told Mitch I would Skype him tonight and I totally forgot. He stayed home tonight to Skype me instead of going to the bar with Mat and Jerome. Oh god. I'm gonna go call him really quick, i'll be right back."

"That's fine. Don't worry about it." Louise rubs my knee and I excuse myself from them. I run into Adam on the way out. 

"Where are you going?" He yells over.

"I gotta take a call!" I walk out of the club before he could respond. I dial Mitch's number and he answers almost immediately. 

Mitch: "Hello?"

Ashley: "Hey. Please don't be mad at me. I'm sorry I didn't call you. I've been so busy today and I kinda forgot."

The last words come out slowly.

Mitch: "Oh." He sighs. "That's fine. I was just about to leave to the bar to catch up with Jerome and Mat. Sorry I bothered you."

Ashley: "Mitch, it's my fault. I'm sorry. You aren't bothering me."

Mitch: "Where are you at anyway?"

My heart drops for a moment, Should I lie to him? No. I shouldn't. Can't make this worse.

Ashley: "I'm at a club with Louise, Alesa and Adam."

Mitch: "Ooooh baby! So you weren't lying about the club. Which one?"

I can hear the smirk in his voice.