Chapter Twelve Uprising of the Lowly Grades

“The weak shall lie down and surrender while the strong trample over their bodies. This is the simple fact of war.” ~ Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood.

            They were avoiding her, Tara knew that.

            Since Jennifer’s death, everyone began talking about it, and doing their best not to say it in front of Tara, for right now, she’d kill any of them without hesitation.

            Mainly it was because of the memorial service that had been held in the gym, Tara didn’t mean to lose it, she just couldn’t take all the goddamned lies anymore.

            “You didn’t even fucking know her!” she yelled to the principal, while pointing an accusing finger at him and the faculty. “None of you bastards gave a flying fuck about her, and now you all act like you care? Spare me of your bullshit!” she looked to everyone else. “You all know what happened yet you did nothing, and you all pretend to care, yeah some fucking great school this is. One day you’re all going to get what’s coming, and you all know you deserve it.” She glared. “You can all fucking count on that one.”

            “N-now Tara… you can’t just go and…”

            Tara flipped the principal off, she didn’t care anymore. “Fuck you old man. None of you cared; it’s as simple as that, now why should you lie about it? Well? Oh wait,” she said talking sarcastically. “I know! It’s for the press isn’t it? The poor little school girl gets raped, no one knows who because, no one was there, and she kill’s herself from the grief because no one was fucking there! Am I right? Or am I fucking right?!”

            Everyone was silent, proving her theory.

            She turned away and headed out of the gym, Beth, Sandra and Luna stood there waiting for her. “You can all just burn in hell…” she said before slamming the doors shut.

            “Don’t you think that was just a wee bit harsh…?” Beth asked softly. “Not… that I’m saying they don’t deserve it, it just seemed like you were declaring war on them…”

            “I was.”

            Beth looked at Tara, a single brow rose. “Say what?”

            “It’s as you just said, I’m declaring war on them, I’m tired of pretending that all of this will just go away, my friend died because I wasn’t there… I don’t want to see another girl go the way she did. Not ever.”

            “So?” Luna placed her hands on her hips. “What’s the plan?”

            Tara sat on a ledge of the gym, her elbows resting on her knees while her finger’s interlaced then rested near her mouth. “Actually, I already have part of the plan set into motion.”

            They looked at Tara in surprise, but then Luna and Sandra looked at each other with a grin. “That could only mean…”

            “Yeah, definitely!”

            Beth who was in between the two looked back and forth with narrowed eyes. “Um, excuse me people? But if you guy’s forgot, I’m new to this little group and I want some insight…”

            They both looked at her.

            “You don’t know do you?” said Sandra.