Chapter Sixteen Ghostly Little Girl

“Ghosts crowd the young child's fragile eggshell mind.” ~ Jim Morrison

Tara thought she was a goner, then she felt something scratchy and wet going over her right cheek and nose. When that wet scratchy feeling went over her eye it made Tara wake up, with a gasp of breathe before coughing. Her chest heaved as her lungs began to collect as much air as they could before expelling it to let in more again.

From that one instant she thought she was a dead-man…

Sitting up with a groan Tara pressed the palm of her hand to her forehead, she felt like she had the king of all headaches.

Looking down she saw Shay meowing, even if she was just a cat Tara knew she was worried. “I’m alright Shay.” She said petting the top of her head. When the pounding feeling in her past a moment later she glanced around seeing that she was still in the hospital. “Well my surroundings haven’t changed not sure if that’s good or bad.”

Taking out the map from her pocket she looked to the nearest door, from what she saw she was still on the third floor. In other words she was right back where she started.

Like a rat caught in a trap.

“Damn it…” Gritting her teeth she stood up and kicked the wall closest to her. “Damn it!” she said as she delivered each kick to the wall. “Damn it! Damn it! Damn it! Damn it! Damn it all!” the side of her fist hit the wall as her whole body shook with anger. She was stuck in this awful place with nowhere to go.

She slid down to the floor as she gritted her teeth, what could she do…?

Shay meowed as her paw pressed repeatedly against her leg.

Looking down at her cat, she knew that panicking was not going to help her, but god damn it; it was just so frustrating on her mind and senses. She needed to relax, recalling what her teacher taught her, she closed her eyes, pictured all of the frustrating things that she had to deal with, letting in a large deep breath; she then expelled all of those thoughts and worries along with that breath to calm herself. Opening her eyes she stood up and looked back to the map. “Okay… freak out later, there still might be a way for us to escape here… somehow…” But where do I even start after now?

Taking the map she folded it up she placed it back into her pocket, first thing would probably be getting a weapon like that metal bar from before. Or something similar along those lines, so the fourth floor would be best, the one where the nurse led her too, and ended up seeing Nadine fall to, what Tara had assumed, her untimely death.

Tara winced at the memory, what was worse; she had this strange feeling that Nadine’s death would not be the only one.

And the possibility was high, that she would be one of those people.

That is if she let them have their way, which would be no way in hell.

Picking up Shay she held her cat close to her, the feline began to purr and nuzzled her head against the crook of her neck and jaw before moving the cat to rest on top of her shoulders. Reading the signs she followed them until they lead her to the stairs, she stopped short when she saw a trail of blood leading up the stairs. She blinked a few times while looking at it then saying.

“I am not going up there.” She said while petting her cat on the head. “I’m… should… take the other stairwell. It’s got to be better then these…”

She headed quickly over to the other end of the hall only to see it completely closed off. “God… dammit…” she smacked herself in the forehead, she had been here for how long, and she still thought it was going to be easy?