Chapter Nineteen Parents Will Always Be...

“Mothers are endowed with a love that is unlike any other love on the face of the earth.” ~ Marjorie Pay Hinckley

            “Mom!” Tara cried as she buried her face into her mother’s chest, her mother had always been taller, five foot eight, while Tara was only five foot three, her mother held her close, a hand running through Tara’s hair. She thought that she would ever know this feeling again. When Tara calmed down she slowly began to pull away, even though she didn’t want to. “Why are you here?” she asked wiping the tears from her eyes.

            “I’m here because you need me, I originally intended to show myself to you when you fought against Lucy Jones but you had handled it so well, however…” she glanced over her shoulder to where Tara’s darker lay, struggling to get up and failing miserably as those shadows thrashed around her body. “…this is a whole different matter entirely.” She let out a forlorn breath with a look of sadness in her grey eyes. “You’re father and I were afraid of this… out of everything, you ended up inheriting his anger.”

            Tara looked at her mother in confusion. “What? What are you talking about?”

            Her mother was quite, she merely continued to look at Tara’s darker self, and for the first time Tara felt very exposed, she didn’t want her mother to see this side of her.

            “Mom…”

            “It’s okay Tara.” Her mother said turning to face her and held her hand, squeezing gently. “Everyone has this side of them, and your parents are no exception and nether are you and your friends. It’s just this place that causes this side of you to become so active.”

            “Sorry…” Tara said softly, her eyes averting away once more. “I’m sorry you have to see that side of me…”

            Valerie reached out and gripped Tara’s hand. “It’s alright sweetie, I can’t be mad or angry for seeing a side of you that is like this, everyone has one, including me…”

            Tara was about to speak when her mother suddenly began to have a golden glow around her body, a light wind started to form around her body lifting her dress and dark blond hair as Tara’s darker self forced herself to stand, letting out a low angry growl from her throat. “Oh stop it.” Valerie snapped, all amusement gone from her voice. “What you’re doing to my baby is not amusing, and for that…” she spread her arms wide, a strange Celtic symbol appeared underneath her feet that had the same golden glow. “…I’ll punish you!”

            Those eyes now bleed to a dark red and black color, her body now nearly encased in the dark shadowy substance, a black wind forming around her before she rushed towards Valerie. But Valerie had done the same, the two clashed, a mixture of dark and light collided, Tara brought her arms crossed in front of her face to block some of the strange wind that surrounded the two women.

            “You think you can stop me you old decrepit bitch?” her darker self laughed when they jumped back from each other.

            “An old decrepit bitch huh?” Valerie said in a low tone. Tara went still, she had not once or ever thought of her mother like that, and to hear those words in her own voice coming from her darker self, it was still bad.

            Her mother rested a hand slightly to her lips, the other hand held her elbow as she gave a smug evil smile. “Please, I’ve heard much worse comments coming from my own sister then from you. You’re welcome to keep trying though I’d love to know what else you think about me.”