49.

Tash is sitting on the floor of her apartment surrounded by an unacceptable amount of mess.

She had every intention of cleaning out the crap filling her cupboards and drawers and shelves but as she started, her mind filled with memories and, like every time she attempts to do this, she ended up pulling everything out and reminiscing, causing more mess that there was before.

She's looking through a pile of old CD's when there is three taps at her door and she gasps at the unexpected visitor, her head snapping from side to side as she looks at the chaos surrounding her and bites her lip when she realises there is no way she can throw all of this in a cupboard and out of sight quick enough.

"Babe? S'me," she hears from other side of the door and she is little relived it's Harry and not Alice or a neighbour.

"Just a second," she yells back as she stands and brushes herself down, Harry's khaki sweatshirt she took back is hanging loosely over her black yoga pants and glittery socks.

"I don't care about the clothes you're shoving into cupboards," he shouts back, assuming that's whats taking her so long and she chuckles before opening the door just enough for him to see her face.

As usual, he looks so gorgeous her heart skips a beat when his eyes meet hers and his dimple pops in his cheek.  A simple black t-shirt and tight black jeans show off every muscle and his soft curls are untamed and perfectly framing his face.

"You gonna let me in, pretty?" He asks, seemingly amused as he rests a hand above his head on the side of the door before leaning into the gap for her to kiss him.

She pecks his lips without hesitation but doesn't open the door any further.

"Ok, I swear I was cleaning but then I got sidetracked," she rushes as his eyebrows raise and a knowing smirk crosses his face.

"Don't give me that face, it's true!" she laughs and he pushes the door open so he can kiss her properly.

His arms snake around her, his hands finding their place on her behind as he squeezes it gently and their lips find each other.

"Mmm, missed you, couldn't wait til tonight, hope it's ok I came early?" he murmurs into her mouth and she hums happily in response.

He is about to kiss her again when his eyes dart up momentarily and makes him stand up abruptly, inhaling a sharp breath as his jaw drops open at the sight in front of him.

"NAT!" He scolds, frozen in shock at the piles of odds and ends, boxes and shopping bags splayed out across the room and their contents seemly emptied onto any surface or patch of floor available.

"I know! I WARNED you!" She yells back, running a hand over her face in frustration at herself.

"Holy shit! How do you even have the space to store this much garbage!" He is a little angry at her borderline hoarding ways, despite loving everything about her, this is getting seriously out of control.

"It's not garbage!" She shouts, crossing her arms in front of her chest in defence. "And I don't have enough room which is why I was cleaning it out."

He runs a hand through his hair in exacerbation, sighing in defeat and relaxing his shoulders a little as he sees her pout, her feelings clearly hurt by him calling her belongings trash.

"m'sorry," he admits as he wraps his arms around her little frame, her arms refusing to uncross as a sign of defiance and Harry tries to stifle the smile creeping onto his lips as she huffs in annoyance. "Let me help you, hmm?"

"Fine, but I don't want to hear how silly it is and you can't throw anything away without my permission!" Tash stomps her foot and Harry's no longer able to control his grin.

"Kay, squirt, I promise," he smiles into her neck as he pushes soft kisses into the delicate skin and can feel her body starting to soften against him.

"Let's do this quickly so I can make love to you," he pulls her in a little tighter as her arms unravel and wrap around his neck. "I'm sure there used to be a bed around here somewhere?" He teases and she scowls at him before swatting his arm in offence as he laughs at his own joke.

He tugs on her hand in his and guides her towards the cleared patch on the floor where it is obvious she was sitting and pushes some stuff to the side so there is room for both of them to sit cross legged.

"Okay, where were you? What's this stuff?" He asks holding up three folders of printed sheets of paper. 

"That's all my business registration stuff," she answers confidently and he nods in acceptance

"Alright, 'keep' pile over here," he commands and places the folders in an area he swipes clear.

They spend hours sorting through all the things Tash has held onto for safe keeping over the years, receipts, books, magazines, soft toys, old birthday cards and unwanted gifts.

Harry is tying up the last of the 'throw away' pile trash bags when he notices a couple of boxes still stacked in the corner of the room.

"Almost done, baby, proud of you!" he praises as he places a kiss to the top of her head and drags the boxes towards where she is sitting, starting to unpack the small shoe box on top first.

"Okay, let's see, you've got a black silky dress thing in here, an empty box of chocolates, red ribbon, a teddy bear with a love heart t-shirt and a bra?" He questions the last item with a raised eyebrow as he pulls it out, dangling the strap from his index finger and Tash's eyes widen with recognition.

"Umm, don't worry about those boxes. They are full of... just... umm..." she stumbles trying to grab the bra out of Harry's hand but he is too quick, pulling out a little greeting card from the same box and reading it out loud.

"My darling Tasha,  You make me the happiest man alive.  Happy Valentines Day.  I love you. Your Dylan."

Harry's stomach flips and his chest hurts as he masochistically reads the words again to himself.

"Harry, it's in the past," Tash whispers as she watches him start to withdraw and she kneels up where she is sitting to shuffle over to him.

"He never loved me, he was married, it wasn't real, this is real," she chants as she takes the items from his hands and shoves them back into the box. 

She can see his chest rising and falling quickly and he swallows harshly before her words start to sink in and he is nodding softly.

"Fine. Throw it out," he challenges and they stare at each other for a couple of breaths before Tash realises the truth in her own words.  The more she holds on to the past, the harder it is to move forward and although she doesn't have to forget what she's learnt from it, a heart shaped box and ugly lingerie her ex-boyfriend gave her are not memories she wants to keep.

She stands up and puts the lid on the shoe box before forcefully shoving it into a trash bag.

Harry let's out a little sigh as she makes her way back towards him and straddles his lap.

"I love you." She states firmly and he closes his eyes as her words wash over him.

"I love you. You don't have to throw it out if you don't want to. I was being a dick," he breathes out before pressing a hard kiss to her lips.

She shakes her head and climbs off his lap after whispering, "Open the last box."

A/N:

ONE. TO. GO.

Love Ruby

x