27.

A/N:
So I'm a glutton for punishment and smashed this out for u!
LOVE writing the flashbacks ❤️
X
-

SEVEN AND A HALF YEARS EARLIER

Harry is buzzing with nerves and excitement as he looks at his reflection in the mirror for the millionth time in the past hour, rolling down the sleeves of his flannel shirt and messing the front of his hair with his finger tips.

His mum is shouting orders at him from the kitchen to put his clean socks away and to take the garbage out and he is disregarding her screaming with an eye roll and a dismissive "in a minute!"

The doorbell rings prompting him to bolt towards the entrance, yelling out a "it's just Nat," to his parents before opening the door with a grin that is taking over his entire face.

"Bloody hell, what did you do?" She teases, looking at his mischievous expression and causing a boyish cackle to escape from the depths of his chest.

She's raising a suspicious eyebrow at his obvious giddiness and he's biting his lip as he pulls her inside.

"Hi sweetheart, Are you staying for dinner?" Harry's mum Anne greets her with her warm smile which never seems to fade.

"Yep she is!" Harry answers for her and Nat purses her lips in mocking disapproval which only makes Harry smile a little wider and try to connect their lips, missing her pout as she pulls away and he makes an exaggerated kissing noise while she squeals and tries to escape his attack.

Their giggles erupt as he catches her around the waist and swings her around in the hallway, his mum shaking her head at their innocent playfulness, secretly loving seeing her boy so happy.

"Ah, to be young and in love," they didn't even notice Harry's dad, Des, walk in from the kitchen, his arm draped over Anne's shoulder as he grins at Harry and Nat who are still half play fighting.

"Careful son, girls like that are too good for guys like us," he teases, winking at his wife who smacks his shoulder in jest before he pulls her in for a dramatic kiss.

"Urgh! Gross," Harry yells, only partly joking at his parents showing affection. He takes some pride in knowing his mum and dad are still so in love after all this time, although he would prefer not to witness it as often as he did.

Taking Nat's hand in his, Harry pulls her towards his room, ignoring his mother's rules to keep the bedroom door open when he was in there with her and he clicks it shut as quietly as possible.

"Harry," Nat scolds, knowing as well as he does that Anne will be filthy when she notices, and she will definitely notice.

"Just for a second, wanna show you something," he rushes and she remembers his cheeky grin when he answered the front door.

"Go on then," she muses, laughing at him wrapping his arms around her waist and watching his tongue dart out to lick his puffy lips.

"Mmm, kiss for Harry?" he questions in the most fake innocent voice he can muster but he is so fucking cute she can't stop the smile that threatens to break through. She's tangling her fingers into his curls and bringing their mouths together, her lips already parted and her tongue poking out as an indulgent invitation which he greedily takes up.

"Mmm, don't be angry ok?" he prefaces his reveal to which she is quickly pushing away and looking into his dancing green eyes.

"Honey, I won't, what is this about?" she tells him honestly, she never wants to be that girlfriend that is overprotective or manipulative.

Harry is a little rebellious but never in a harmful way. His parents have instilled in him that he is respectful of others but at end of the day he still does what he wants and it's one of the things Nat finds so attractive about him. His natural charm often gets him out of trouble and makes it hard to be disappointed in his actions. She's learnt over the time with him that the more she supports him, the more he gives it back and she would never want him to be anything he isn't.

She can tell he is hesitant but the excitable energy vibrating from his body is unmistakable.

"I kinda did something..." he trails off before slipping his left arm out of his shirt and pulling up the sleeve of his t-shirt to reveal a thick black outline of a five point star inked into his inner bicep.

"Harry! Oh my god!" Nat gasps as he hushes her.

"Shhhh!" he looks briefly at the closed door before snapping his attention back to her. "Baby, are you mad? Don't be mad. I love you. It's for you. Do you like it? I think it's cool, wanna get a heap more. Are you mad?" he fusses, not giving her a spare second to respond as he pulls her in towards him knowing she can't think straight when his lips are that close to hers.

She doesn't speak but pushes her fingers against his arm for him to hold it out, her finger tracing the outline of the star as she contemplates how she feels about her boyfriend permanently marking his skin that she thinks was perfect the way it was.

Harry bites the inside corner of his lips as she contemplates her emotions.

"It's for you," he says again and her eyes finally meet his. "All my promises on the stars."

She gives him a raised eyebrow and a look that shows she thinks he's talking complete bullshit and he chuckles nervously at her before taking her cheeks in his hands and kissing her over and over.

"You're full of it, Styles, but I love you anyway." She giggles and he grins back pulling her on his lap as he sits on the edge of his bed.

"You'll look different covered in tattoos," she thinks out loud.

Nat is the most sentimental person Harry has ever met.

She keeps souvenirs and momento's from everything and finds it hard to throw anything out, often saying things Harry finds ridiculous like "oh that was the sweater I was wearing when we first went to that restaurant we love" or "that was the song that was playing when we kissed at that party."

He thinks it's adorable that she gets so attached to seemingly insignificant things and as a result absolutely hates change or anything that will pull memories further away from her.

She doesn't have to say it but he knows she is thinking that she'll never again see his skin the way it was before and for her overly nostalgic mind, this is devastating.

"Babe, it's ok, I'm still the same, we're gonna change together, ok?" he tries to comfort her as he can see her trying to keep her unnecessary tears at bay.

"Maybe you can just keep your back free of them?" she bargains and he bites the side of his mouth to stifle a smile at how cute she is.

"Ok, promise honey," he says softly into his lips before they both jump up at the sound of his angry mum barging into the room.

A/N:
Talk to me! Tell me what you think!
So sweet right!
Love Ruby
X