19.

Harry's eyes flutter open and his mind quickly reminds him that he isn't in his own bed.

He can't remember the last time he slept in a woman's bed, he slept on Tash's couch last week and the vast majority of sexual encounters he has had over the years were one night stands than ended in him either making up a stupid excuse to leave or sneaking out in the middle of the night.

Rarely would he find himself comfortable enough to accidentally fall asleep but if it happened he would be running out of there the very moment his eyes opened, usually an apology flying out of his mouth and the woman watching in shocked silence as he tripped on his own feet to get out of their space as quickly as physically possible.

There's a little groan from beside him on the bed and Harry bites his bottom lip to stifle a chuckle that is threatening to break past as he turns his head to watch Tash bury her face deeper into her pillow.

It's as if at that very moment she remembers she's not alone and he watches in amusement as her whole body stiffens with awareness.

Harry rolls onto his side and reaches an arm out towards her body that is still face planting the bed, firmly pulling her little body towards his, her back to his front.

He nuzzles his nose into her neck, her birds nest of hair, messy and knotted around him and he kisses her delicate skin softly before humming a "morning," into the warm crevice.

He can smell the remanence of her perfume on her neck, warm, slightly masculine notes of cedar and spice, mixed with delicate rose and he thinks it's the perfect representation of her. Strong and self assured at first glance but gentle, classically romantic and a little fragile if you take a harder look.

Her muscles start to relax at the feeling of his protective embrace, his raspy morning voice is like gravel covered in thick, sticky syrup and she's actually a little shocked he didn't leave through the night.

She spins in his arms and takes in his lazy smile and his one open eye, his green iris only barely squinting through in his sleepy state.

He takes in a deep, cleansing breath as he smooths her hair from her face.

"Hey," she croaks back and butterflies erupt in his stomach.

"Hi Squirt," he teases, his dimple popping in his cheek.

She shoves his shoulder a little in jest but he is quick to take advantage of her body tilting closer to his.

His soft lips pucker against hers before breaking apart only so he can do it again, his tongue peeking out ever so delicately in order to taste her mouth before his lips close back over.

"Thank you for taking me dancing last night, I was having so much fun before I went and ruined it," Tash whispers sincerely into the small gap between them, their bodies pulled together and his hand on her face.

"You're welcome. I had fun too and you didn't ruin anything. I want you to stop being so hard on yourself," his brow creases a little with the seriousness of his tone and Tash bites her lip knowing she is always telling herself the same thing.

His thumb tugs her lip free before he leans forward and sucks it gently into his mouth sending a rush of electricity to her core.

"Tasha, I know we said we weren't going to talk about the past but I think I need to know what happened over the past seven years," Harry says calmly, adding a lingering peck to her lips to reassure her that he isn't going anywhere as he feels her body stiffen against his. "I know I hurt you and you said you have had shitty luck when it comes to dating but I want to know just how shitty."