11.

SURPRISE EARLY UPDATE coz i finished early and wanted you guys to have it!

ENJOY AND DONT FORGET TO VOTE :)

love ruby x

---

The music is blearing through her little iphone dock, not loud enough to drown out Tash's singing to the upbeat, indie rock playing through the room as she cleans her apartment.

She's halting to an abrupt stop when she hears a knock at the door and her eyes glance at her clock which reads just after 9pm.  Maybe it's her uptight neighbours telling her to turn down the music but her heart skips a beat when the possibility of Harry at the door fleets through her mind.

"Um, who is it?" she yells, more sense than to open the door to a stranger in this busy city at night, as she rips her phone from the dock and looks frantically at the state of her messy apartment.

"It's me, urgh, Harry," he clarifies squeezing his eyes shut and cringing at himself.

"Fuck." Tash hisses under her breath but realises it was a tad too loud when she hears him  chuckling on the other side of the door.

"J-Just a minute," she's full blown sprinting around her apartment like a lunatic, throwing shit she has laying around into the nearest cupboards and all her laundry on the floor into the empty hamper.

Her hands smooth her hair out of her face and she inwardly curses again as she looks down at the pink fluffy socks, grey cotton shorts and black oversized t-shirt she has on.

Embarrassment has her opening the door a fraction, enough to look out and see Harry's beaming smile, his knowing expression telling her he gets exactly what the fuck she's been doing for the past thirty seconds.

She gives in with a sigh, pulling the door open all the way and accepting defeat of being caught at a really unflattering and inconvenient time, but that's what you get when you rock up to someones house unannounced!

He bites down on his bottom lip and is using all his strength not to pick her up and kiss her cute pout and every other bit of skin visible.

"I should have called," he admits apologetically, secretly loving how he's caught her off guard and piecing together exactly what she is like when her walls are down.

"Jesus Styles, whatever you have in that box better be amazing," she announces, her eyebrows raising up in question to the white cardboard in his hand.

He looks significantly more put together than her, a denim shirt unbuttoned to the sternum giving her a glimpse of more ink on his skin that she's never seen before.

"Red velvet cupcakes," he raises the box a little in acknowledgement before running a hand through his hair and realising he just made a massive assumption that she asked him not to do. "Umm, that's if they are still your favourite, you don't have to-" he starts to back track but is interrupted by her little gasp.

"Yes! Oh my god, yum! Ok, you're forgiven!" She exclaims and moves from the doorway to let him inside.

"Ignore the mess, I was cleaning it, I swear!" She laughs at herself and he finds it so endearing his heart swells at the sound.

"Mhmm," he teases and clears away the handful of open magazines splayed out on the couch so they can sit down.

She swats his shoulder in jest and sits down next to him, her legs curled up underneath her and he notices how much more comfortable she is when she's in her own space.

He watches her face as she bites into the cupcake like it's the most precious gift in the world and she dramatically groans as the cream cheese frosting hits her tongue.