6.

Tash is wrapping the chain around a pole and closing the little padlock when she feels her phone vibrating in her pocket.  She tugs on her white bicycle a little to make sure it's secure before pulling out her phone and seeing Harry's name flashing across the screen.

He promised to call her last night and for Tash, keeping these tiny pledges, builds her trust in someone slowly but surely.

"Hey!" Her bright voice reverberates in his ear and sends a wave of tingles down his body.

"Hey, what are you up to today?" He asks, trying overly hard to sound casual despite the fact he is pacing up and down the length of the bar.

"Just met with a new client, went really well! My biggest one yet, super excited about it! Just got off my bike about to head home.  What about you?" She takes a breath at the end and cringes at herself, where Harry withholds information when he is nervous she does the complete opposite, talking to fill silences that she fears might happen before they even occur.

"Taking over the world next?" He grins, being a bartender has helped him in the art of conversation but it's usually one way.  He is an expert in asking the right questions to drag out a chat and make the customer sit and drink longer but the moment he is asked a question in return he either avoids it or answers with something vague and incredibly impersonal.

"Something like that! What are you up to?" She asks again, dodging questions makes her feel uneasy and reminds her of people like Dylan who she naively just assumed didn't like talking about themselves when in fact there was always a horrible hidden agenda.

"Just at the bar, not working tonight and was hoping maybe I could cook you dinner?" He pinches his bottom lip between his finger and thumb, rolling his eyes at himself for being so bad at this.

"You cook?" she teases and his shoulders relax as a grin takes over his face.

"I wish I could say I'm amazing, but I can cook a total of two things, one of them being appropriate for dinner," he admits and she finds it adorable.

"Well, then we should definitely have the other one!" she giggles as he breathes out a laugh.

"You want pancakes for dinner?"  he checks, finding her playfulness so refreshing he could soak in it all day.

"Yes! 100%!" She cackles and he is obliging right away.

"Pancakes it is then. See you at the bar at 8, I live upstairs."  He explains quickly and she is agreeing before hanging up and running upstairs to work out what to wear.

-

Harry is waiting outside Tribute when Tash arrives on her bike, the little wicker basket holding her handbag and a bottle of wine and he pretends not to watch as she swings her legs over the side, her tight high waisted black jeans hugging her hips and arse and a sliver of skin showing from her grey cropped t-shirt as she walks it to the nearest bike rack to tie it up. 

"I realised half way here that bringing wine to a guy who owns a bar is pretty stupid," she reveals as she approaches him, her sweet smile slighting up her face and causing Harry's heart to skip a beat.

"It's perfect," he reassures her, tucking the bottle under his arm without even looking at the label and kissing her cheek.  "Sweet ride," he teases, gesturing to her white bike and she hits his arm playfully.

"My noble steed!  I can't drive so that thing gets me everywhere," she explains as she follows him inside the bar.

"Can't drive? Just never learnt?"  he probes and she shakes her head in response, "Nope, dunno why, just don't feel the need." She says confidently before she watches Harry politely greet a handful of regular patrons as they make their way to the staircase at the back of the room.