25.

Harry is glancing at the door to his office far too often, his mind creating a plethora of wild scenarios that could be happening behind it, none of which involve Tash and Zayn actually working.

His mind snaps back to the bar as he feels cold liquid running down his hand and curses under his breathe as he turns off the beer tap and wipes down the carelessly overflowing glass.

A feeling in the pit of his stomach won't let him concentrate and the vision of Zayn's hands on her legs after she had repeatedly moved them away keeps playing on his mind.

He knows he has no right to be jealous but he does have the right to be protective, even is she isn't "his", she is still his oldest friend and with this slightly skewed logic he recklessly abandons his station at the bar and heads for the door. 

On the way he is coming up with a shitty excuse to justify his actions as to why he is barging in unannounced but as he pushes the door open his mind is swiped clear and filled with nothing but blinding white rage.

He walks in just in time to see Tash pushing Zayn's chest with a huff, her delicate hand is trembling as she covers her mouth while he looks filthy at the fact she has clearly dismissed him.

"Tash, are you ok? Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to leave." Harry snaps from concern to business in the one breath, not really knowing what has just happened but deciding he doesn't give a fuck, whatever it was isn't happening in his office or in his bar.

"Mr Malik, I think we should discuss any work matter you may have on Monday," Tash stutters before Zayn gets a chance to respond.

She's shaking like a leaf but trying to stay under control. She wants to tell him to go fuck himself, to slap him across the face and yell at him to get out and never come near her again but she's a realist and unfortunately she really needs this account.

Tash shoots Harry a look which he interprets as "please let me handle this," and he reluctantly stays silent but his gaze is burning into Zayn's skin.

Harry's hands are balled into fists by his sides, his heavy breathing flaring his nostrils and puffing out his chest as he tries desperately to hang on to his resolve.

"As you wish, sweetheart," Zayn smirks holding his hands up in surrender and exhaling a laugh in mockery of Harry's jaw clenching, "but if you need me before then you know where to reach me." He emphasises the word 'need' and his slimy voice sends a shiver up Tash's spine.

He has the audacity to swipe his thumb arrogantly across her chin before he leaves and Harry's knuckles are turning white as he watches her body straighten and tense at his touch.

Harry all but pushes him out the door and the moment it closes behind him Tash is collapsing against the desk, her hands over her face as she wills her tears to stay away.

"Shit, babe what happened? Are you ok?" Harry rushes but keeps his distance, he doesn't know what occurred before he walked in and he doesn't want to make her any more uncomfortable.

She's so fucking sick of men like Zayn in her life, taking what they think they are entitled to and throwing it back in her face. She's sick of the lack of power she seems to have over them and the same shitty path she always stupidly walks down. It's as if she attracts them like a magnet and it makes her so angry and frustrated at herself that she must be a pathetically easy target.

She laughs into her hands and looks up at Harry who's face is blanketed with concern.

"I can take care of myself, Harry," she repeats the words she spoke to Zayn, deflecting her pain onto the wrong person but she can't help it.

His face is creased with confusion and he begins to tell her that he knows that when she cuts him off.

"I'm not some pathetic damsel in distress you know! You don't need to save me, Harry."

Her tone is laced with insecurity and bitterness, self protection and exhaustion from having to deal with this shit over and over again.

What she doesn't realise is that she is wrong. She does need saving. In every sense of the word.

"Darling, I know you're not. You're strong and more than capable." Harry says calmly, without a hint of humour and knowing full well she needs him now more than ever, "Can I please hold you?"

He edges closer to her and when she doesn't back away he carefully wraps his arms around her.

"I'm not trying to rescue you, you can do that on your own, I'm just your back up," he says sincerely, genuinely believing in her more than she does herself.

He can feel her body soften against his and she gently leans her forehead into his shoulder and sighs in defeat.

"I'm like the Robin to your Batman," he smiles, his cheek pressed against the top of her head and she exhales a little chuckle which makes his heart soar.

He squeezes one eye closed as he fends off the tears that are threatening to break through, burning the back of his nose and throat at the thought of someone yet again causing pain to her already fragile soul.

"You know there were always theories that Robin and Batman had a thing going on." Her small voice vibrates against his chest as he rocks her body slowly from side to side.

"Yeah? Well, this Robin wouldn't mind that," he teases and she laughs again.

She pins her chin to his chest and looks up at him, her tears that she was trying to hide have stained her cheeks and he leans down to kiss her puffy lips with as much care as he can pour into them.

"Stay with me tonight? Please? I have to keep working for a bit but you can go up to my apartment. I don't want you to leave," he begs and she is agreeing instantly, being alone is the last thing she wants right now.

A/N : 

How is everyone?! 

What do you think about Tash's defensiveness and how Harry is dealing with the situation?

Love to know your thoughts so please comment and vote if you are liking it!

Love Ruby 

x