26.

A/N:

Listen to King Princess- 1950 when reading this!

Ruby x

-

It's a little after 2am when Harry is finally trudging up the stairs to his apartment.  He has been working long, gruelling hours lately which he understands and accepts comes with owning your own business but that doesn't mean it's any easier on his body.

Aching muscles in his legs and back are giving him a headache and he tries to ease the tension in his neck with his left hand as his right pushes his key into the lock.

He creaks open the door and tip toes inside when he sees a sleeping Tash curled up on his couch.  The TV is playing a 90's romantic comedy and her hands are tucked under her head as she lays on her side, her parted lips puffing out little breaths as she rests.

It's hard to comprehend how many times Harry has come home over the years and imagined her being there, how many times he has prayed to anyone who would listen to give him another chance, how many times he has dragged himself home from a one night stand or long day at the bar and swore he would give anything in his power to hear her voice or touch her skin.

He's still not convinced that he deserves her but he is positive she doesn't deserve fuck wits like Zayn and if he can make her happier than them, feel safer, more confident, hell, even laugh a little, then that was good enough for him.

He places a feather soft kiss to the top of her head before he makes his way to the bathroom, eager to soothe his tired muscles with a hot shower and scrub the grime from his hard day off him.

Harry closes his eyes as the water rushes over him and he takes in a cleansing breath as he feels his shoulders relaxing. 

A tap at the bathroom door has his eyes popping open and all his senses on high alert, "yeah?" he answers and he holds his breath as Tash's gorgeous face peeks in.

"Um, hey, I didn't hear you come in.  I thought maybe... I could join you?" She bites her lip.

It felt like the perfect thing to do when she woke up and heard Harry was home but the minute she knocked she wanted to take it back, worried she was prying on his private moment after such a long day.

He can see the hesitance and uncertainly on her face and he smiles sadly at her vulnerability which on the inside he loathes for her own sake.

"Come here, baby," he pushes when she doesn't move and his reassurance washes over her like a cool breeze.

His heart is racing as she undresses quickly and Harry pulls her into his arms the moment she is close enough to reach, trying to quell any further self doubts with his endless devotion.

He hums into her lips as he kisses her softly and swipes his wet thumbs across her soft cheeks.

"Mmm, hi Batman," he murmurs and is rewarded with a burst of laughter. "Prettiest Batman I've ever seen," he teases and her eyes sparkle at his sweet gesture.

"You think I'm pretty?" she searches his eyes with humour in hers.

He rubs the tip of his nose over hers and licks his lips, "Most beautiful girl I've ever seen," he says so sincerely it has her lips parting slightly in surprise.

How she can doubt this is mind boggling to him and he swears that if he gets a chance he will tell her this every day until she believes it and then maybe even more.

"How was the rest of your night?" She asks, her hands tangling into his wet curls as the water cascades down their bodies.

"Mmm, long. Tiring. Better now." He says each word between noisy kisses from her neck to her shoulder.

Harry grabs a loofah and squeezes some of his shower gel onto it before he is gently spinning her around and lathering the suds onto her shoulders and back.  The air fills with the scent of vanilla and cocoa and his dick jumps up a little as he traces the curves of her spine and shamelessly licks his lips at the sight of her perfect arse.

He takes in a deep breath as he wills his stiffness back down, he just wants to be close to her and after tonight he wants to give her comfort not sex.

He pushes his body into her soapy back, his knees bent as he rests his chin on her shoulder and his arms snake up around her front to sponge the soapy material into her skin.

"Tell me what happened with Zayn tonight," he presses and feels her whole body stiffen to which he places a gentle kiss to her neck.

"Was nothing," she lies, "he tried to kiss me and I pushed him off, guess I was sending him mixed signals."

Harry's brow creases at the fact she has just blamed herself for someone making advances at her that weren't consensual or desired.

"No Tasha, I was watching you with him, you weren't giving any signals. Please don't let douchebags like him make you question yourself."

She gives him disheartened shrug and moves to rinse her soapy body under the water.  Her hands reach out and take the loofah from Harry as she twirls her finger as an indication for him to turn around.

Her little hands reach up and she briefly launches onto her tiptoes to reach along his broad shoulders.  Unlike his front and the rest of his body, there is not one spot of ink etched into the skin of his back. 

Harry spins back around when Tash's hand pauses for a moment too long and he takes the sponge from her to quickly wipe over his front and wash off the suds. 

"You don't have any tattoos on your back," she says innocently more as a statement than a question, biting the inside of her mouth as her eyes meet his emerald gaze.

His expression drops and he licks his lips as he contemplates how to respond.

"Promised you I wouldn't," he shrugs, deciding to go with the honesty she so desperately craves.

Her lips part as he says the words she had suspected but still can't quite comprehend.

"Harry, that was years ago, how did you know you would ever see me again?" She questions a little in disbelief.

"It's called hope, Nat," he whispers as he pulls her into his body, slightly scared she is going to run from him again. "I did lots of things with the hope I would find you again."

A/N:

these.two.argh.

Wont be able to update tomorrow guys as I haven't had much time this week to write with work but hopefully the day after a new chapter will be up!

ENJOY!

xx