Chapter 21

Jordan's POV

It was evening, around 5:30 p.m., when I got back to my home. Instead of making it as late as 10 o'clock at night, I and Samuel decided to meet at 7 o'clock. I dressed in a red dress that was my mom's. It was simple cold shoulder shift dress which looked alright for the first date. Next, I went to the Douglas house to take Sara only to be informed that Sara was with Mr. Douglas today. I instantly drove to Sebastian's office. His receptionist informed me that Sebastian was busy in the meeting and Sara was with him. I waited for over half an hour before Sebastian came out of his board room with Sara in his arms.

He didn't see me at first and I took my time ogling him and his behavior towards other people. Finally when he came towards the common area, he looked at me and stopped.

"What are you doing here?"

"I am here to swim" I mocked.

"We don't have a pool in this branch but I can arrange a bath for you" he smiled.

Oh Fuck you

I rolled my eyes and took Sara from his arms. The one thing I loved most about my daughter - there was gazillion other things - was she loved me most and whenever she saw me she wanted to jump in my arms. Sebastian didn't like that - obviously.

"Are you off to somewhere?" he asked.

"I am taking Sara back home" I told him.

"You wore that to come here and take Sara?" He asked.

"That's none of your business." Before he could say something - I did see him scowl - I turned and moved towards the exit. 

"I am talking to you" I heard him say but I kept walking. I didn't know why he thought he could control me. He should know better. I am not some love sick puppy. I am so not his Louise. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No One's POV

Sebastian punched the numbers as fast as he could. He was fuming. No one talked to him like she did. He was giving her a finger and she was literally biting it off. The woman was a devil. 

"What happen boss?" Kenny picked up on the first ring. 

"Follow her"

After half an hour, Kenny called him, "She dropped Sara at her home and is now going somewhere - probably to meet Samuel."

Sebastian was gripping the phone hard. 

"Okay. Keep following her. Give me updates."

"But Seb.." Kenny hesitated.

"What?" Sebastian said.

"Sara is at home and safe. Why am I.." he was hesitating to say the complete sentence. Why was he following Jordan when Sara was at home? It should not have mattered what Jordan did in her time.  

"Do what I say. Tell me where they are meeting and what they are doing. They could be planning an escape"

"Um.. Okay" Again Kenny wanted to say why would Jordan plan an escape with his cousin? but he didn't say anything, knowing Sebastian was furious.

Sebastian himself didn't know what he was doing. What he really wanted to do was marry Louise fast and get settled with his small family. But why was he so angry whenever Jordan was anywhere near his cousin? 

Jordan might try to take his baby away from him, he reasoned himself. He didn't want Jordan to date his cousin. Samuel was a sanctimonious man who thought he could do everything except the family business. She could date anyone but not his brother. 

Why is dating so compulsory? She should focus on her life right now. She can date as many men she wants in her future, Sebastian thought.

He also couldn't forget Jordan completely. It was all sexual frustration. He needed to meet Louise soon but she was out of town. As soon as she gets back, he will ask her to move in with him and everything will be alright. They will have their weekends with his daughter and very soon, they will get married. He had already started a small fund for his ex-wife. He didn't want her to do work in a cafe all her life, especially when he could help her in completing her education and follow her actual dreams. 

What are her dreams? He wondered.

Sebastian knew he had made many mistakes in life, and one of them was really big. Jordan maybe hard to deal with but she was his responsibility and he had to take care of her and plan for her future before marrying Louise. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The date was okay. Jordan didn't know what went wrong. Samuel was a gentleman but it felt like he was just too good to be true. He kept listening to her even when she told him the boring ranch stories. He told her about his paintings, his poems, his other hobbies which Jordan found difficult to pronounce. He wasn't even bragging. 

Jordan found his website on the internet and the millions of followers he had. Samuel - no doubt - was amazing at everything he did. He wasn't interested in the family business, he was interested in other things. Things that were difficult for a common person. Jordan told him so and he actually blushed at that.

When they reached home, he kissed her and at that moment, Jordan realized what really was wrong. There was zero sexual energy, zero sexual attraction and zero sexual tension between them. She didn't know how Samuel felt but she felt nothing. There was no crazy feeling in her stomach, her heart was beating normally and she had no desire to take it to the next level. She knew it wasn't the right time to tell him that. Fortunately, he didn't talk about any further dates and left with a promise to call her later.

What Jordan didn't know was Samuel had come in her life to stay.

A/N 

The next chapter would be exciting.  

Love you guys,

Shyna Cliffe

Please follow, like and comment if and only if you like the chapters and want them coming!

<3<3<3