Chapter 8

There was nothing I wanted more than leaving that place right that second but I couldn't. I waited for a response but he just sat next to me, looking at the table grimly. All of a sudden, he stood up and said, "I am getting married."

"Uh huh" I rolled my eyes, thinking why he was telling me all this.

"Its Louisa."

I stood up as well and said, "Okay. Let's clear one thing. I don't care who you marry and why you are marrying. Sebastian, I have come here to sign the papers and I don't know why you are telling me.."

He interrupted, "I thought you should know."

"Well, its not my business. What you do isn't my business and what I do isn't yours." I said and he nodded.

Ten minutes later, he gave me the papers and a ball point dot pen. I signed the papers hurriedly and in all that haste injured my finger. Blood oozed from the place where I had unintentionally pushed the pen. I threw the pen and tightened my fingers around the point to stop the blood flow. It wasn't more than a few drops but I hated the sight of blood.

"What? How did you do this?" asked Sebastian.

I glared at him and said, "I like the feeling of getting a pen's tip inside my skin."

He glared back and speed dialed a number. He ordered the person on the other line to bring gauze, an antiseptic and clean water. Within five minutes, a girl knocked on the door. Sebastian took the things from her and asked me to sit.

"No thanks. I have signed the papers now I will get going. I have work to do."

He pushed me on the sofa and said, "Stop talking and listen for one time. I am cleaning the wound and I will take you home."

"No."

"Yes, you cannot manage the steering wheel with one hand and my driver is out. Hence, it will be me. Also, the papers you just signed have blood on them so I will have to get another copy and you will have to sign again, tomorrow if possible."

I gritted my teeth and let him nurse my finger. When the gauze was wrapped perfectly around the wound, I left the room with him on my heels. We reached the exit and I turned to refuse his offer.

"I think I am good to go. I can easily drive and I will drive slow."

"I am not asking, I am coming" He said.

"Well, I am not letting you even touch my car so get your own ride." I said.

"Are you crazy? If you do not want to trust me, don't but do not be foolish enough to drive the car with just one hand."

"Many people drive with one hand," I argued.

"Fine take my Tesla. It's automatic. Just keep your hands on the steering wheel, the autopilot system will take you to your home safely."

"I don't want favours. I will be back tomorrow, same time and place to sign the papers." I said and climbed inside my car. I started the vehicle looking straight at him and left the place.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I spent the rest of the day either at the ranch or with Sarah. I reached the bar early and did some work. Today was a few-customers day so no dancing. People were getting ready for Monday, the work day. Sunday was actually never so deserted in the past. At around eight in the evening, Raul told me to go home as there was no more work left.

"But I can stay for 3 more hours. Also, I didn't make much money today."

"Zella, there are less than six customers. I am sure I can handle them with Mia. You go and do something at the ranch."