Chapter 9

I rose, pulling the soft blanket over the sleeping body of my little girl, Sara, my reason of living. I loved her more than any person in the world. I knew I was being a liar, a cheat, and a very selfish person but I could never share her with anyone. Never with Sebastian, who would just marry some girl and take away my child.

I didn't want to be alone again. Sara slept curled up on her side, one arm over her head, lashes fanning over her soft pink cheeks. She was six months and few days old but she was growing rapidly and with each passing day, she was beginning to see new things, meet new people and soon she will realise she didn't have a dad.

As I continued to watch her, she turned onto her back and frowned. Realising she was about to wake up, I took her in my arms and settled her face on the crook of my neck. She snuggled deeper and went to sleep again.

Hopefully, tomorrow everything will fall back to its place and Sebastian would finally go back to where he belongs.

But what if we cross paths again?

The thought frightened me.

I just have to stop that from happening. He will never know about Sara. He cannot know about Sara. I won't let him take more than what he already did. He took my pride, he cannot take my heart as well.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Next day ~

I and Sara were ready for work by eight in the morning. I was wearing my white dress and Sara wore her favourite, well my favourite, pink dress. I had to drop her at Raul's as John was not coming for work today.

Raul promised to bring her back in another four hours and promised to take good care of her. I wanted to finish the daily chores before driving to Douglas' hotel. I finished my work on time and drove to the hotel. It was ten in the morning but according to receptionist, Sebastian was still busy sleeping.

I didn't want to wait another day so I told it was urgent and she would get fired if I didn't get the work on time. She started to sweat on hearing the words and allowed me to go to his room. They gave me an alternative key and showed me to the room.

I opened the room and entered, my red heels making a tic-tic noise in the silence. The room was illuminated by a single LED rod and Sebastian was nowhere to be seen.

I yelled his name and he shouted, "Coming"

He came out of the bathroom dressed in a single towel around his hips. Without looking at me, he said, "I didn't call room-service."

"Its me. I have come to sign the papers"

He looked up and said, "The papers will take another hour"

"Fine, I will wait"