Chapter 13

My heart was pounding with all the crazy dancing and my blond wig was loosening so I decided to take a small break. It was already 10 PM and I had to work another half an hour before leaving for home.  Shawn had told everyone that today was my last day at work so I didn't get much work. I was planning to see the ranch work and get important things packed in the last week. 

Externally, my face expressed nothing, no sad or happy emotions. My pale face was red with the dancing and exertion and my neck felt sweaty. My feet were sore because I had forgotten to change my heels to sandals. I was, in brief, a mess thanks to today's events. 

I was just finishing my break when I saw him. He was talking to Shawn in the drinks section of the bar. The blue and red light of the bar was throwing star or circle shaped reflections on his face now and then. He said something to Shawn, to which Shawn replied by pointing in the dancing area of the bar, where I wasn't. I realized then that the heir to the Douglas throne was looking for me. I was not ashamed of my job. Why would I be? It was a decent job that paid my bills. I was not selling my body or dancing in nude. I was dressed in a black slip, which may be a little too revealing and a little too short for my body, but it surely wasn't an invitation.

Suddenly, remembering that I had left Sara with him alone and there was no John to look after her, I march towards him and witness the confusion in his eyes turn to shock to horror to disgust.

He grasps my hands but I push him off, saying, "Never touch me."

He just glares at me but before he can say anything, I ask my own question, "Sara isn't alone. Is she? Because if she is, then you are dead."

He grabs my hand again and when I lift my other hand to push him off again, he seizes the hand and in one light movement, throws me on his shoulder.

I shout bloody murder then, seeking help from the other guys in the bar but I can't see Shawn anywhere -wasn't he here just a few seconds ago? - and other people are either gawking or laughing hard.

It wasn't fucking funny, I wanted to yell at them but I knew I would just be wasting my time.

Within next thirty seconds, we were out of the bar and then he was throwing me on the bumper of his Model S. I instantly raise my hand to slap him hard on the cheek only to get my hands seized again and my body pulled towards his chest. 

We are almost nose to nose when he says, "Shut up. You seriously think you can take down a black belt with your small hands. I can fight you without the use of my hands."

I chuckle. Yeah sure, like I would believe that.

"Now, let me answer you first. Sara is in the care of my three bodyguards and one female secretary who is a proud mother of two"

I breath a sigh of relief and try to loosen my hands. He allows me and I rub my hand on my black dress to wipe off the sweat.  My body was loving the cold air outside. There was so much heat inside and the crowd was not helping. I jump off the car's bumper, making Sebastian take a few steps back.

"Why are you here?" I ask Sebastian in a calm voice.

"Why am I here? Do you do this often? Leave my child alone and dance with a group of drunk guys here?"

"I do not just dance here. I work here"

He turns his body on me and laughs.
"You call that working? Why can't you take up a decent job?"

"Like?" I ask him.

"What?" he turns again to look at me.

"You said a decent job. I am asking you - decent job like?"

He glares at me before grabbing one of my hands and looking at it with disgust. I instantly try to remove it and he captures the other hand as well.

"Leave me you fucked-up monster"

He continues to glare at me then says, "Typing, virtual assistant, gmail handler, secretary, etc. are some of the jobs that can easily pay you a decent amount and allow you to roam around in less skimpy clothes"

I am still trying to get his hands off me. I feel my wig coming off but I still continue to struggle. Finally, he removes his hands and I lift mine to take off the wig completely. My hair have become a mess so I unpin them and shake them to reduce the pain. I run my fingers on my scalp to massage the pain away.

When the discomfort is finally gone, I speak, "You do not know much about me, do you?"

He frowns, looking at my brown hair then the blonde wig, then says "What do you mean?"

"The jobs you just mentioned require a diploma, and sometimes even a graduation certificate. Other than that, these jobs require me to be in the office for more than 7 to 8 hours, something I cannot do. Before you start mentioning the at-home jobs, I don't know how to do them"

"Then learn them but do not stoop to such levels"

I breathe soundly before making my way inside the bar.  He seizes my waist to stop me.

"What the .."

"We are going to the ranch" He says. I hit his leg with my pointed heel, making him shout and leave my waist alone.

He sits on one knee and holds his foot while looking furious and hurt at the same time.

"Now do not start crying" I smile at him.

He grits his teeth and glares at me in answer. I bend and pinch his cheek, "Poor Sebastian "the black belt" is hurt?"

He scowls then completely throw me off guard by smacking his lips on mine. 

A/N

A/N

waiting to update the next chapter asap!!!!
So excited to start writing it.

Dedication - RozaLavigne

Love you guys,
Shyna Cliffe
💓💓💓💞💓💓💞💞💓💓💞💓