Chapter 12

You know the feeling when you know you have lost all battles and you have to start again? You know when all your plans become useless and you just have wait and let life takeover, do it's own thing.

I was driving with Sebastian following me at a distance. His car, the Tesla model S, was faster than my VW Passat and he knew the way to my house but he drove slow to allow me reach my ranch before him. 

We hadn't talked much before, just me telling him that I won't share my car and him glaring back and replying with, "I have a few cars here.  Thanks for your hospitality."

Okay, I knew he was rich. He had a complete chain of hotels under his empire and other businesses including some restaurants, retail stores, etc. In this hotel alone, he had at least three cars sitting in the garage just for his personal use but my Passat was mine and I didn't want him in my space right now.

I parked outside my little home and jumped out of the car. My heart was thundering with fear, expectation but somewhere between that fear and expectation, there was a relief that finally, Sebastian knew everything. Sara would finally meet her father, at least she would know both her parents.

I waited for Sebastian to park his car. He slowly brought the car to a halt and came out of the vehicle. He looked pale, a little desolate but very calm.

We made our way inside the home slowly. One could easily catch the smell of baby around the living room. The light smell of baby cream, talcum powder, baby oil, etc intensified when we left the living room to enter my bedroom. The baby crib was in the middle of room with John sitting on the bed watching something on his smartphone. 

He must have heard my footsteps then because he stood up and said, "Zella, Sara fell asleep waiting for you. She is fed and changed. I am going to work in the ranch with Raul now"

I nodded even when I wanted him to stay here. John left the room as fast as his legs could take him.

Sebastian didn't say anything. Just kept standing there, looking at the small crib with a mysterious look in his eyes. Sebastian was a mysterious man. He never disclosed what he was thinking, which was the most irritating thing about him.

I took light steps towards Sara and gently took her in my arms. I knew it had to be done now, there was no better time and we couldn't procrastinate this important meeting forever.

Just as gently, I said her name. Sara, the darling girl she was, smiled in her sleep. I continued saying her name while lightly kissing her forehead.

"Don't wake her up if she is sleeping" urged Sebastian.

I looked at him and unintentionally smiled, "She is six months old, she sleeps almost all the time"

"She does?" he asked.

I nodded and smiled again when Sara opened her big doll-like eyes and frowned hard. Sara loved sleeping, everyone at the ranch called her a sleepy head because she slept whenever and wherever she could.

"Hey baby" I cuddled her soft pink face to mine and spoke some more gibberish before looking at Sebastian. He had no mysterious look in his face this time. It was as clean and clear as it could possibly get. He looked hungry, hungry for the same love Sara had for me. Famished for something that he deserved.

I made my towards him and said, "lift your hands" He, without any questions asked, did what I said.

"Make a semi-circle with your hands... Yeah like that" he nodded.

This worried me. He wasn't talking, he was just looking at Sara and doing what I was saying but he wasn't saying anything.

"Sebastian, you need to talk to her. She likes people who speak. Speak about anything but speak"

He spoke, "About what?"

"Anything" I told him, finally placing Sara on his arms. Unlike with other people, Sara went willingly and didn't cry. I noticed, Sebastian's arms were too large for her. He could easily settle her on one large arm, something I could never do.

He carefully brushed her head with his fingers.  Finding it all really personal and too emotional to handle, I left the room.

But I could hear him speaking outside the room.

"Hey angel, I am your Dad. We haven't met before. Ah, there is the smile I was searching for...."

It was difficult for me to hear him talk to her so I left the living room as well and crept inside the kitchen. I made two cups of black coffee, thinking Sebastian may want some after such a long day.

Grandpa called when I was grinding the coffee. He told me what Sebastian had already told me.

"You should have told us at least. Living in your father's ranch all by yourself is not only ruthless but also dangerous. What were you thinking? How were you able to pay all the expenses? Just come back Jordan. We have your room ready. You would not need to work in some ranch now. Come back to us"

I just listened to him for the fifteen minutes then said, "Dad sold this ranch?"

"Yes. He sold for double the price. Your dad left with your mom as soon as he got the money but the papers are still not completely filled. They would take a week so you can stay there for just a week"

A week? Sebastian said it would take just a day. He lied to get me back in the city as fast as possible.

I finished talking with Grandpa, told him I would be back in another week and hung up.

The coffee was very hot but I drank it in three large gulps. I took out some biscuits from the cupboard and checked the time. It was around seven in the evening now. I had to be in the bar in an hour. The month would not complete until two more weeks but fifteen days would complete today so I could work today and ask for at least half of my pay.

With that thought on my mind, I made my way back to the bed room and knocked on the door. Sebastian was sitting on the bed with Sara in his arms. He looked up when he saw me.

"Is she asleep?" I asked putting the coffee mug on the desk along with the tray

"Is she asleep?" I asked putting the coffee mug on the desk along with the tray. He shook his head "No, she and I are talking"

He looked at Sara and started talking again. Not wanting to disturb them, I made my way out of the room and ran my hands on my hair. Coming out of the house, I shouted John's name and when he came, I said, "I am going for work. If Sebastian asks, tell him I will be back by 10"

"Yes boss. Anything else?" he asked.

"No. I just need my dress and my wig but I think they are in my car so I will change in the bar. Do not disturb Sebastian while I am gone."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

Yeah yeah I didn't introduce Louisa but I will in the next chapter. Both Louisa and Jordan are planning something. It will be revealed in the next chapter. I have already started writing it!

Dedication: RozaLavigne

Love you all amazing readers,
Shyna Cliffe
<3<3<3
💕💞💕