Chapter 15

I slapped him hard.

This was the second time today I felt the moisture on my eyes because of him.

He was just calling for the slap. He was not there to see how I cared for Sarah, how much I hated that job and still did it and he clearly didn't know I worked more than 10 hours a day to keep food on the table and clothes on my and my daughter's body. She wore the best clothes even when I was not able to afford it, ate the best quality food which was hard to find in local shops and had a account for herself where all my little savings went.

I may not be the best mother in the world but I loved Sarah and I loved her more than anything in the world.

Sebastian continued looking at me, then said, "I deserve that. I am sorry"

"Get out" I said and went back - ran actually - to my room and closed it.

I waited for the sound of the main door closing. When it did, I went outside my room and locked the main door.

A good-for-nothing mother? Did he really think I was a useless mom? Would Sarah hate me if she ever came to know that I hid her from her dad? Would she understand why I did that?

There were too many questions and no answers. I tried to place myself in Sarah's place but I couldn't. I didn't really have a caring mom or loving dad in the world. I knew I was a disappointment when I was just a few years old but I would never make Sarah feel like that. She will be loved by both her mother and father even though she doesn't live with the two of us.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning could not come fast enough. I was tired so I slept longer than I usually did. After feeding Sarah and changing her clothes, I went outside and worked on the ranch. I told John that I would be leaving anytime and did not know whether I would come back. 

I knew I would not be able to pay him his salary from the next month so I told him to search for another job as well.

He quickly asked, "What about the animals?"

I didn't what I would do with the animals.

"Can you sell them to a person who would care for them?"

"Can you give them to me? It would be great to have a horse and two cows around. As for dog.. "

"Dog will come with me. Sarah loves him. She will already miss you all so much, I cannot make her miss dog as well"

"Zella, do you have to go?" he asked.

"Yeah. I wish I didn't. I will stay at my grandpa's home and try to resolve my situation as soon as possible. I can't come back here because this house is already sold"

"Sold?"

"Yep. Hey let's talk later, I am going to check up on Sarah"

"You are a great Mom Zella. Sarah is very lucky to have you"

I smiled and pulled him for a hug. John was a little brother that I should have had since birth. He had been a friend and family since I came here and I would miss him very much. 

"I will really miss you"

He laughed and hugged me back.

"I will miss you too"

Sebastian's POV

I should not have said what I did say last night to her. She must be hating me now. I park the car on the sidewalk outside the ranch and jump out of my car.