Chapter 17

You realize you are not that cold when you see your enemy's rep fall to pieces and your heart hurts in response instead of rejoicing....

- Shyna Cliffe

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The second day was the same and so was the next day - I left Sara in care of her grandmother at sharp 9:00am in the morning and came at 5:00pm in the evening to pick her up. In between, I tried to take at least one round to check on Sara. It was the fourth day when I saw the devil incarnate playing with Sara in the porch. It was around 3:00pm and I had an early leave from work so I went to take my baby. It was also the time when Sara was mostly found sleeping. Today, however, things were different and Sara was busy burying her head in her Dad's neck when he kept saying some gibberish words in her ear while at the same time rubbing her back.

He saw me looking at him and his smile instantly dropped. The feeling was mutual. The happiness and excitement that I was carrying on my way back to the house instantly disappeared and I scowled at him.

He ignored my reaction and looked at his wristwatch to check the time.

"You are early"

"Have any problem with that?"

He gave a devilish smile and said, "I have a problem with you. Does that count?"

Sara, who had heard my voice, turned her head and started wiggling her arms to show who she wanted to be with.

Sebastian glared at me before coming forward to transfer Sara to my arms. Sara easily came to my arms but the chain that I was wearing got stuck to one of the buttons of Sebastian's shirt. The lose thread on his shirt was the reason. I had both my arms around Sara so I couldn't remove my chain, which was why Sebastian had to do the task.

He shook my chain, removing both the chain and the button in the process. The button fell on the ground, making no sound. I gently rubbed Sara's shoulder and told Sebastian that I would be leaving for home now. He nodded his head and bent to pick the button from the ground. He, then, started undoing his shirt, which made me turn my head in response and look at the door.

"This man has no shame" I said to no one in particular but Sebastian of course heard me and said, "You have seen me without pants on"

I turn my head and there it was - his bare chest with almost no hair glowing in the darkness of the room. "When?" I ask and look up to see his eyes laughing at me. Okay, so he had a nice chest but that didn't affect me. It really didn't at least not as much as his eyes sometimes did. It was disgusting but it was true - Sebastian was hot from all angles except his heart. He was beautiful but he was cruel as well. 

Sebastian rose his eyebrows in answer and said, "You want me to answer that question." He then looked at Sara, pinned his lips together and shook his head. I rolled my eyes but my response died in my mouth when there was a knock at the door. The door opened and there she was - Louisa - the girl who should have been in my shoes instead of me. She frowned when she saw me and her frown only heightened when she saw a half naked Sebastian standing beside me. Sebastian could not look happier. Coming forward, he took the shocked girl in his arms and said, "I was just getting ready"

She didn't say but her question was hard to miss, "You are changing in front of her? Why is she even here?"

I knew it was time to leave but fucked up common courtesy came in the way. I walked up to her and said, "Hello Louise, long time no see"

She didn't even look at me, nor did she look at Sara who was curiously looking at the new member in the room. As much as I knew, Sara had already met Louise before so it was strange as well as embarrassing that Louisa ignored her completely. Without saying a word and looking at either of them, I made my way outside the room and the house. My car was sitting outside the house looking out of place in a clean parking spot just like I was looking in his house. It was good that my feeling ended for him that day. 

I looked at Sara and said, "Mom will take care of everything"

She smiled like she knew everything going inside her mom's head. I smiled with her because I knew everything was going to be alright. We didn't need anyone, we were good together and we will stay like that. 

But if everything was alright, why was some part of me was feeling like it just broke again? What kind of weird shit was that? What was it expecting? Him to choose Sara over her? Him to choose me..? Oh fuck no!

I put Sara in her seat and make my way to the other side of the car. Getting inside the car, I promise myself to get my things and my feelings straight and concentrate on just one thing that really matters - Sara.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

Do comment guys, will update as soon as I get time

Love you all,

Shyna Cliffe

<3<3<3