Chapter 7

If I am not happy, it is completely okay, just do not let me fake happiness, it is worse than sadness.
If I cannot express myself, it means I am hiding something and I prefer having a shoulder to cry on than to have a blinding dark emptiness creeping inside my soul whenever I fake those smiles.

--- Shyna Cliffe

--------------------------------------------------

Jordan's POV

I closed my eyes and thought about things that made me sleep - old songs, tomorrow's tiring work - but my body did not want to obey my mind and sleep. It just wanted to run with little Sarah towards a place where no one could find us.

I opened my eyes and sighed. I won't be able to sleep till he goes out of the town. Sir Sebastian Douglas, owner of chain of restaurants and a billionaire entrepreneur, was the last person i wanted to see. He was actually the person I never wanted to see, Period.

If he wanted signatures, he could have sent one of his workers but he didn't. Maybe he thought I would not easily sign the papers and ask for money.

Dumb Arse

I stood up and went towards the kitchen. My dad's small house was two floor with three bedroom on the first floor and two on the ground with a small garage, two washroom, a kitchen, a dining room and a little porch.

I took out a glass from the cupboard and filled the glass with water. The water was warm when it made contact with my tongue. It calmed my nerves. I sat on the nearby chair and thought of a plan to get mighty Sebastian out of the town as fast as I can.

There was just one thing I could do, sign the papers, fast.

--------------------------------------------------------

The next morning was cold. I tied the blue wrap around me and got out of the bed, feeling sleepy and lazy. But with all those tossing and turning last night, it was expected. I ran my fingers through my long brown hair and noticed the watch on my hand.

7:30 A.M

I glared at the watch and ran towards the crib where Sarah was sleeping soundly. I checked her diaper and remembered that I hadn't bought the important things from the store. I knew I had a large packet of diapers still in Sarah's wardrobe but I never took chances. Everything must be in right figures. I changed Sarah's diaper and after I was done changing her clothes, I picked her up to cuddle her.

Dark curly hair

I shuddered, suddenly feeling restless and scared.

What if Sebastian finds about her?

My hands instantly tighten around her small body and she grabs my hair. I looked at my little girl, who was chewing on my hair. I kissed her cheek softly. She smiled and jumped in my arms, demanding to be free.