Chapter Nineteen

Severus found Remus in the library with four other Ravenclaws and two Hufflepuffs: Edgar Boot, Nicholas Goldstein, Maisie Towler and Millie Coote from Ravenclaw, and Selena Shafiq and Jane Court from Hufflepuff. He was surprised to see them actually revising Potions, and did not miss how Remus' face brightened with relief when he saw Severus.

"You made it then?" He asked lowly as Severus came closer.

"I left Lucius with a nasty headache," Severus replied neutrally.

Remus gave him a look. "Why do you call him Lucius but Rosier 'Rosier'?"

Severus shrugged in response and looked over to the group of students. He couldn't exactly reveal how close he and Lucius were, in a past life, here.

Nicholas Goldstein sent him a determined glance.

"So, Severus, how do you brew a Strengthening Solution?"

Severus replied instinctively. "Well, you need salamander blood and powdered Griffin claw..." He stared accusingly at his fellow housemate. "That's a fifth-year potion."

"Precisely," chimed in Edgar Boot. "We've been waiting, very patiently, for you to return from wherever you were. Rem said you were a whizz at most things and, after all, we've seen the genius at work in most lessons. Haven't we?" He asked of his classmates. Severus glared at Remus.

Selena nodded and Jane spoke up.

"You are the top of our year, Severus," she said firmly. "Perhaps the top of the junior school. We can't miss the opportunity to study with the best," she added, winking conspiringly.

"Well, Lupin," he stated, putting a clear emphasis on the boy's surname, "didn't mention a study group. I wasn't even aware we would be studying."

"Just because you don't," Maisie scoffed, rolling her eyes, "doesn't mean none of us do. Selena and I are stuck on the consistency of the Forgetfulness Potion."

Severus sighed, for the third time that day, and pulled up a chair. It would be a very long evening.

*

"Enjoy that, Severus?" Remus asked as they walked in the direction of the Great Hall for dinner.

"It wasn't bad," Severus admitted quietly, staring straight ahead. Selena, Jane and Maisie were behind them gossiping about whatever first-years harp on about, and Millie was arguing softly with Edgar and Nicholas in front of them.

"There you go then," Remus grinned. "That can be your job. Tutoring. Save you being bored all the time."

Severus eyed the werewolf contemplatively. "Do you know how tedious teaching is, Lupin?" His peer shook his head. "Make sure you never find out. Oh wait, you might." He forgot about Remus' short stint as DADA professor.

Remus looked shocked. "Teaching? I'd never thought about it, I suppose, but I guess it might be an option. Actually..." He reconsidered, "maybe not."

"Maybe yes," Severus whispered. "I'm still trying to change your condition permanently."

"Really?"

"Of course. Now, don't steal my pudding, or I'll change my mind."

*****

A.N. Another chapter, just shorter! I've been working out the names of every student in Severus' year, a huge feat to accomplish. This will hopefully solve a continuity error that I made at the beginning with Anna Brown. For those that didn't notice, don't worry, and for those that did wonder why the Brown name was passed down to Lavender, it will make sense... at some point. Probably Anna has a brother that will pass on the name to our favourite Lav-Lav.

Thank you for reading and please don't be afraid to give any feedback or even COMMENT! :)